Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems when importing Text Captions

New Here ,
Sep 16, 2019 Sep 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

If I import the translated word file into Capt. 2017, almost all text fields are reduced by one font size. My object styles are then overwritten. The text in the Wordfile was NOT formatted by the translator. Even if I re-import the original Wordfile (without any translations/changes!), the font size will be adjusted. Is it a bug in Capt. 2017?

Marina

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 16, 2019 Sep 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Marina,

Copy the text from the word document and paste into a program like Notepad++,

them copy the text from notepad++ to Captivate. You apply you own formatting in Captivate.

See if that work.

Luis

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2019 Sep 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your answer. Unfortunately this is not a workaround for me, because the WBT is very extensive. I'm more efficient if I reset the object styles after the import or adjust individual text fields again.

We produce 15 WBTs in 3 languages. It would therefore be useful to know the cause of the import error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
@Luis The Export/import to Word feature is a typical workflow for translations. What you mention (to take out all formatting) will probably not even work here. I am stupefied that the object styles have been overridden... never had that situation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using the most recent version of CP2017, which is 10.0.1.299?

Which font did you use? Is it a system font, a websafe font or an Adobe (Typekit) font?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are using CP2017, 10.0.0.192. The font is a websafe font (CI/CD Allianz).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will reply not in a threaded answer, but to your original question. This reply is TOO limited.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Marina, you are still using the very first release which was buggy. Please intall the patch ASAP.

What you mention is not considered a websafe font in Captivate. Look at the categories. I blogged an article about the fonts in CP2019, version 11.5.1. You will not have Theme fonts, and the Adobe fonts for you are still indicated as Typekit fonts, but the remainder of the post is valid:

https://blog.lilybiri.com/fonts-in-captivate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources