Exit

Problems with external links on Captivate 2019

New Here ,
Oct 31, 2020 Oct 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

I have a big problem with my links when I publish my captivate SCORM:

I have a Captivate 2019 project and I've created some buttons. When someone click on them It would open a Drive file.

It runs perfectly on my preview but when I publish my SCORM it didn't work. What can I do?

More info: I'm Working with macos Catalina 10.15.7.

Thanks you very much.

TOPICS
Import export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is not recommended to link out to external documents if your course is a SCORM object being delivered from an LMS.  Doing this can cause loss of connection with the LMS and inaccurate scoring or completion data.

However, if you determined to risk this (or have established that it never happens) then the other questions to ask are:

• What kind of file is this?
  • Do all end users have automatic access to the Google Drive folder location where the file resides?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I know it isn't the best solution, but I have to use this SCORM with a Moodle which only 50Mb files are allowed. As long as I have to share diferent kinds of files (slideshows, video, text documents) and I'm not allowed to use YouTube or Vimeo, I dropped all this stuff into a drive folder and I choose  the option 'everyone with this link can see the content' but it doesn't works....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think you will find that the content you link to must be located on a web server, not just a normal LAN drive.  Web servers use an HTTP or HTTPS protocol to deliver files.  LAN drives use something different.  Certain types of content will only work over web servers.

I realise the standard maximum file setting in Moodle is 50 mb but in most cases you can easily change that to a higher amount.  Perhaps you can talk to your LMS administrator about your requirements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Buenas tardes. Ayer no pude registrarme en el curso de Primeros auxilios
deñl CAFAE ni al inicio ni al final. No aceptaba el link. Otros si lo
hicieron desde otros lugares. ¿Qué pasó? Por favor me pueden ayudar.
Gracias.
Delia Carbajal Pacheco

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources