Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems with hosting simulation in Amazon S3

New Here ,
May 04, 2020 May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have had no problems with publishing simulations to my desktop in HTML5 format. They work fine when I use them on my desktop. I successfully uploaded one to Amazon S3. However, I was unsuccessful with the assessment version. I get an odd error message. Does anyone have experience with this and know how to correct it? I already double checked the files and made sure they were uploaded properly.

This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.
<Error>
<Code>AccessDenied</Code>
<Message>Access Denied</Message>
<RequestId>74328EABB35777A6</RequestId>
<HostId>
U+CX47WG9jj5NwcugnwkTj8K40uZImG8pR6u3htGiMO/gth8wR4TRZfV2O7k4iSCmuHpL1XE0Rc=
</HostId>
</Error>

thanks,
Rachel

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2022 May 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this same issue and was hoping to find a solution here.  Following!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are not hosting on a SCORM LMS, make sure that you do not have SCORM reporting turned on.  That might be tripping up the server because it is receiving JavaScript SCORM calls that it doesn't understand or want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2022 May 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply. I should have mentioned, I am not trying to publish a regular project and not a quiz.  I don't have the SCORM LMS/Quiz reporting enabled.  I'm really not sure why I'm getting this message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is that message from the browser web dev console?  If not, launch your project on you A3 server and look at what your web browser's  webdev console is saying - that will possibly give more helpful info...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd suggest checking out the following help site related to your S3 as there could be many factors at work...my guess is that somethinhg is not set right in your manifest xml possibly....

https://aws.amazon.com/premiumsupport/knowledge-center/s3-troubleshoot-403/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If SCORM is not turned on, there will be no manifest.xml file.

This is looking more like some kind of permissions or credentials issue.

I would suggest trying to upload a simple HTML page to Amazon and see if that also triggers the issue.  If it does, then the Captivate published HTML5 output might not be the problem at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2023 Jul 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is a permissions error.

1. Select the bucket

2. Click Upload

3. Click Add folder

4. Select the folder and click Upload

5. Click Upload to clear any warning message

6. Click the Select All check -box at the top of the list of Files and folders

7. Scroll to the bottom of the screen and expand the Permissions section

8. Select the Grant public-read access option

9. Check the I understand the risk of granting public-read access to the specified objects option

10. Click Upload

That fixed it for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources