• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Project stuck on publish to HTML5

New Here ,
Jul 15, 2020 Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I am attempting to republish a project after making some minor edits.  I've never had a problem publishing this file before.  But it's stuck on the below image when I try to publish as HTML5...which I've published to before with this same file.  It will publish to SWF, but I don't want to use flash.  I have tried the following:

1. Renaming the file with no spaces and publishing - I get the same result

2. Renaming the file with spaces and publishing - I get the same result

3. Having adobe media encoder open while publishing - while adobe media encoder does indeed encode the video that's within this file, it still does not publish.  

I have scoured this forum for an answer, but can't seem to find anything that works.  Any ideas?

adobe file.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 16, 2020 Jul 16, 2020

That video format is no longer supported indeed (same as flv).  I am not even sure that the Adobe Media Encoder (AME) still has that format, depends on the version you have. You will need to convert the video to H264. Try first with AME.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 15, 2020 Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this project include software simulation slides with FMR slides? Those slides are Flash-based but will be converted to MP4 when publishing to HTML5. That could be a problem.

Or do you have inserted videos? If yes, what was the video format? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2020 Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response.  There is no software simulation, but there is a video.  It looks like it says it's an f4v, which I'm assuming is flash, and is the problem.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That video format is no longer supported indeed (same as flv).  I am not even sure that the Adobe Media Encoder (AME) still has that format, depends on the version you have. You will need to convert the video to H264. Try first with AME.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you!  The module is very old, and I didn't have access to the original video.  We created this back when flash was the only option.  So, I unzipped the SCORM package and converted the flash video file to mp4 using adobe media encoder.  Replaced the video with the new format, and it worked like a charm!   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources