• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Project title doesn't update when changed

Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2019 Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I changed the title of a project in the Publish window and then saved the project. Each time I reopen it it has the old title. I also put the new title in Prefrences > Information > Project Title and then saved. The old title is still in the Publish window. This has already caused versioning problems. Where am I supposed to change the title so it will save?

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 04, 2019 Nov 04, 2019

This bug has been a known issue with Captivate for some time, but it usually only affects projects that have been updated from sometime in the past where an earlier version of Captivate was used to create the original project.

The fix is relatively simple.  You just need to use Save As to create a new CPTX file of your project but you need to change both the file name and the file folder location when doing the Save As.  Once you have saved the file as a different name to a different folder, c

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 04, 2019 Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This bug has been a known issue with Captivate for some time, but it usually only affects projects that have been updated from sometime in the past where an earlier version of Captivate was used to create the original project.

The fix is relatively simple.  You just need to use Save As to create a new CPTX file of your project but you need to change both the file name and the file folder location when doing the Save As.  Once you have saved the file as a different name to a different folder, change the title in the publish dialog to what you want, and then publish output to that same folder to see whether the new title is now correct.  If it is, then you can do another Save As to save the file back into the original folder and overwrite the previous CPTX file.

I haven't seen this happen to files created in more recent versions of Captivate.  Do you know which version your project was originally created with?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Rod, that worked!

I'm using Captivate 2019 release 11.5.0.476. I didn't change versions with this project, but I did intitially begin by doing a "save as" from another project, publishing under a new title, and then wanted to change the title again. Doing another "save as" made it stick. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK.  Good to hear.  I will mark my answer as correct so that other users will know what to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources