• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Properties Panel closes when I try to Find in Library

Contributor ,
Dec 21, 2016 Dec 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a stream of audio on a slide that I want to identify within the Library. When I click on it to "Find in Library", instead it collapses that entire Properties Panel. Any ideas?

It's not a big deal for me to expand the panel and it will have the audio file identified. More of a pain in the backside than anything else. Just curious if there was a fix. As I have a bunch of courses that I have to do this for.

Using Cp9  [9.0.0.223]

Many thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 21, 2016 Dec 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please upgrade to 9.0.2.437. You missed several patches.  I knew that issue was there in an early CP8 release, don't remember it i CP9.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 17, 2017 Jul 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have been noticing this issue as well with Captivate 9.0.2.437 installed. It appears that the Library panel open/close is a toggle. When I make that menu selection on one of the timeline objects, if I have Properties panel open it switches over to Library panel fine.

However, if I currently have the Library panel open then it is closed and I have neither Props or Library open. Then I click Library in the toolbar and that opens with the just identified timeline object selected.

So, as far as I can tell, this nuisance bug is still present in the latest patch release for Captivate 9.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 19, 2017 Jul 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 'tbcfinch'

I didn't have that experience in Captivate 9 anymore, which makes me wonder if you followed the release notes when installing a patch? Did you clear the Preferences (utils folder)  and Layouts folder in Public documents?

Another reason could be that I never use the Newbie UI (hate to be controlled by software, I'm a control freak) but always the so-called Expert UI, where I have custom workspaces and draggable, floatable panels. It has its disadvantages (where is that more user friendly  UI of Captivate 7 gone?).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your thoughts on this. It is quite possible the patch release was installed without proper clearing of prior preferences and layouts.

I am in an IT-controlled environment so I am not at liberty to do many of the recommended things customizing Adobe Captivate (or much else). A common suggested fix for many Captivate issues is "run as Administrator" -- which is not possible for me.

In fact, for Workspace layouts I do NOT have the ability to customize and save them. I only have 'Classic' and 'Reset Classic.' And I agree, it takes quite a bit of tweaking to get all the resources I need on the screen, this was much easier with Cp7.

Every time I launch Captivate I have to readjust the visible windows and panels to my liking. This is perhaps contributing to the disappearing panel for Library--it is not in a determined state.

Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try to switch to Expert UI? I don't think you need Administrator rights for it, not sure of course.

Go into Preferences, General Settings and check the 4th option 'Enable custom workspaces.....'. You'll have to restart Captivate.

As for Clearing Preferences, there is a manual way that doesn't need Administrator rights. Are you on Windows?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah yes. I had forgotten about that switch in the preferences file. I have enabled custom workspaces and saved my layout. An interesting effect of this is the behaviour and look of Properties and Library is totally different now. Properties, Timing and Library are now equal tabs across the top of the panel. Before they were clickable icons in the toolbar above the sidepanel. That is the mode that has problems with the Library panel toggling off rather than opening.

I expect now I will no longer see that glitch.

Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, the problem is that you can minimize the right docking station by double-clicking the title bar, but it has no sense, since the width of the station is static, you cannot minimize them to an icon as was the case in CP7 and is common to all other Adobe applications. That means that the stage is always smaller in size than in the Newbie UI where Properties and Library can be hidden panels (big buttons). However you can now have both Master slide and Slide panel open which is a need when designing a custom theme. I have also a dedicated Quiz workspace and a Responsive design workspace.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 23, 2016 Dec 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply Lieve.

Unfortunately, I'm a slave to the company's license and their schedule for updates. Hopefully we'll get that patch update here soon. <sigh>

Happy Holidays!

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2019 Sep 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue persists... Cp 2019 11.5.0.476. Adobe, please fix! Thank you in advance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 24, 2019 Sep 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please log a bug in the form Adobe provides. Posting something here is not going to reach the people that would have any chance of resolving this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 25, 2019 Sep 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Very weird, this was iindeed a bug some versions ago, but never experienced it in 11.0 nor 11.5. Can you clear the Preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources