Publish a ''cpvc'' file to a mp4 file

New Here ,
Nov 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

In Captivate 6 I create my projects with ''video demo'' option. After creating my projects i have a cpvc file. I want to publish this file/project to a mp4 video/file. I can see that when i try to publish the only options are Video- Apple and Youtube. Is there any possibility to publish my cpvc file to a mp4 file 

Thanks in advance

TOPICS
Audio and video

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Welcome to Adobe Forums.

When you do a File -> Publish for a Adobe Captivate 6 .cpvc file, it publishes .mp4 output.

Video - Apple and Youtube are different Presets.

Thanks,

Vikram

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Explorer ,
Mar 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

We have tested the HTML5 output from Captivate 6 and had issues.  Hence turned to MP4.

We want to capture a software simulation with the Apple iphone3 preset 640*480 and publish it as an MP4.

What would be the implications of capturing a software demo and publishing it as an MP4 in terms of:

• Audio
  • Effects
  • Text captions
  • Highlight boxes
  • Animation and the like

The MP4 would play from a desktop and also from a mobile device from a portal (no LMS).

Has anyone tried the workflow of capturing a demo as a software sim and publishing as MP4?

Thanks for any help.

We have CP6 on win 7.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, this feature is not available in the version I have. I have only Pusblish.... and then it does not go through the process. Is there another way to just convert before publishing ?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Lilybiri LATEST
Most Valuable Participant ,
Sep 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please start a new thread. This one is from 2012.... Explain fully your problem, including the version number you are using.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines