Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Publish as video in Captivate 9 lagging

Explorer ,
Feb 17, 2019 Feb 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Team,

I will be starting to work on a project where I have to create short mini videos which would have small .mp4 videos for the starting and ending slide with course title and version details and would have .cpvc slides (simulation videos to show step by step process) in between.

I started with the template today and published it as video in captivate with the below setting:

video sett.PNG

The video after being published lags when the first mp4 loads for the background of the title screen and also the color changes (becomes lighter). Can we tweak these settings?

Thanks,

Parichaya

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 18, 2019 Feb 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why do you need to use an MP4 video for opening and ending titles? 

It's generally NOT a good idea to use something like an MP4 on the very first slide of a project. It's generally NOT a good idea to use something like an MP4 on the very first slide of a project.

I hope that when you mentioned you started this from a "template" that you were not referring to a CPTL file but rather a CPTX file being used as a template. CPTL files have been known to have major issues, so we generally recommend NOT using them to start projects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot for quick response.  Its the client need to have the company video in the background with the logo and their slogan. Yes I am working on .cptx file. Do we have any settings to remove the lagging? It works great in preview but I don't know why it starts lagging in the published format.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you will find that the issue with the lagging is due to having an MP4 inside another MP4.  Have you checked whether or not the frame rates of the video you are adding is the same as the frame rate your Captivate project is set to?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me check that. Thanks a lot for your suggestion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The frame rate in both the cases is 30 frames/second but the video resolution is different. The imported video for start and end screen have 1920*1080 and the published video is of size 1280 * 720. Is that the reason for lagging? Please suggest.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, I wanted to know if the video generated by Adobe Captivate are automatically scalable with the window they open. As, I don't see any option to scale or rescale video when publishing in video format. Please let me know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I modified the Captivate size to 1920*1080 and published as Video output. But still there is lag on the first slide and this time its with the audio and the last slide is ending very fast compared to the previous video output of 1280 * 720.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you give more explanation about what you mean by the term: "Lagging"?

If by "lagging" you are referring to the fact that the videos take some time to load when played from a web server, you need to be aware that the end user's bandwidth will determine how fast the videos load and begin to play.  This is one reason why it is generally discouraged to put heavy content on the initial slides (regardless of what you client might want).

What is the file size of these videos?  How many megabytes?

If your project size is only 1280 pixels wide, adding a 1920 pixel video makes no sense.  If your project is already suffering performance issues, increasing the dimensions and making it into an even more bandwidth-hungry output will not help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I noted that when I covert my projects to video, the I get a spinning wheel between my inserted MP4 and captivate image slides... See image

In my case, this is not an actual delay, but an 'inserted by-product' of converting the project to a video. I just remove the spinning wheel frames using Premier Pro.

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That particular spinning wheel may be related to LMS Reporting.  Do you have LMS Reporting turned on? If so, turn it off as there is no way to get your MP4 video output to report scoring to an LMS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources