Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Publish Issues with Typekit

Community Beginner ,
Jun 05, 2018 Jun 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm new to captivate and I'm working on updating some existing files.

I get the following error when trying to publish:

Please enter the domain name associated with the typekit

It's odd. I made a number of changes to this project already and have had no issues with the typekit/publishing, but all of a sudden it wants to me to specify the domain. I returned to an earlier version of the document and the Typekit domain field is greyed out. What would have caused this to change?

I tried completely disabling the typekit, but I get the same error.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Ian

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to specify the domain, but if you are using the free plan for Typekit, you have the right only on one domain to add. Maybe that is the reason. Cannot verify because with a CC account I have another plan. If you only have a CP license it is the free plan

Plans | Typekit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on the portfolio plan.

I get that it wants me to specify the domain.

It doesn't explain why I didn't have to do it on the previous versions I published and all of a sudden I do. Further, my colleagues have not had to specify a domain either.

I'm also using an installed font. Not a font from typekit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems indeed to be inconsistent, but I mostly have to define or to redefine the domain. Not sure what is causing this. I am also on the Portfolio with the CC account. It often happens that I mix fonts. Is that 'installed' font a websafe font? Or are you sure it is installed on all the systems of your users?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, so I added our LMS as the domain. I was able to publish and upload the course no problem.

What happens if we change our LMS down the road? Is the font going to revert back to the default? Are we going to have to go back and republish everything to include the new domain?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 27, 2019 Apr 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you use an installed font on your system for a non-responsive project which is using only static text (= text without inserted variables) the text will be converted to images and will be viewed correctly by all the learners, even if they don't have the font installed.

If you use dynamic text in a non-responsive project (including variables), the text is generated on runtime. In that case the learner who is not having the font installed on his system will see the text in the generic font which is Times New Roman.

If you use Typekit fonts, they have the same functionality of websafe fonts, will be viewed correctly by any learner. But in that case you always have to define the domain, independently of the type of project. I mostly publish to scalable HTML (which is non-responsive, blank project) and need to indicate the domain, or the learners will also see a generic font (Times New Roman). If you are on the free license you can only define one domain. If you want to see the output locally you have to add localhost to the domains.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may have previously been publishing non-responsive HTML5 projects. Since the font is simply converted to a series of images when you publish non-responsive projects there is no link to your Typekit account in the published project. Responsive design uses the actual web-based fonts and needs that connection and therefore the domain entered on the publish screen.

One tip with domain names is to use a root domain name. For example, if you worked at Adobe and your project was published to https://elearning.adobe.com but was later going to be moved to http://captivate.adobe.com (these are just examples), you could use the root domain of *.adobe.com to cover all future possibilities.

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, weirdly enough I started having a similar problem. Typekit was enabled and couldnt publish anything. I dont even use Typekit fonts. So how can I disable it? I just did an "HTML5 in Browser" preview, I dont know why it works, but it does, after the preview, the typekit area appears grey again. Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No need to disable. If the field is grayed out, it means you don't have Adobe fonts (are you still using an older version, in the most recent one it is Adobe fonts).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources