Highlighted

Publish mp4 video project with closed captions from Captivate 2019?

Participant ,
Apr 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I read a discussion post from 2 years ago that you can NOT publish an entire mp4 video project with closed captions unless you add a smart shape to each slide with CC on it.

Has anything changed?

I tried with Captivate 2019 and didn't have luck but maybe I missed something?

Thanks.

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by Lilybiri | Most Valuable Participant

No, CC is part of the skin and you cannot have a skin if you publish a passive video. Only way is indeed as you mentioned, to insert text containers mimicking the CC feature, but where you'll have to synch manually.

TOPICS
Audio and video, Import export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Publish mp4 video project with closed captions from Captivate 2019?

Participant ,
Apr 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I read a discussion post from 2 years ago that you can NOT publish an entire mp4 video project with closed captions unless you add a smart shape to each slide with CC on it.

Has anything changed?

I tried with Captivate 2019 and didn't have luck but maybe I missed something?

Thanks.

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by Lilybiri | Most Valuable Participant

No, CC is part of the skin and you cannot have a skin if you publish a passive video. Only way is indeed as you mentioned, to insert text containers mimicking the CC feature, but where you'll have to synch manually.

TOPICS
Audio and video, Import export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 16, 2019 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Apr 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 16, 2019 0
Participant ,
Apr 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's what I thought. Thank you. Just wanted to check. I'm not exporting to YouTube so it doesn't work.

Thanks again.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 17, 2019 0
Lilybiri LATEST
Most Valuable Participant ,
Apr 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry about that.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 17, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure what you mean by an MP4 Video Project. If you mean that you are embedding a video into a Captivate project using slide video (formerly called multi-slide synchronized video) then the answer is yes, you can add closed captions.

Adobe Captivate - Adding Closed Captioning to Embedded Videos - YouTube (older version of Captivate but the process is similar today).

If you mean can you add closed captioning to a video demo project, I have a workaround for that here:

Closed Captions in Your Captivate Video Demos - YouTube

If you are publishing out to MP4 then Captivate will not generate closed captioning into something like an SRT file. Here's a hint though. If you upload the published MP4 file to YouTube, Google's servers will generate automatic closed captioning for your video. You may have to check the spelling of the occasional word or two but it does work.

Adobe Captivate QuickTip - Let YouTube Make Closed Captions for You - YouTube

Again, I'm not sure if any of these videos will help you out but perhaps they will, or perhaps they might give you some ideas.

Paul Wilson, CTDP | https://captivateteacher.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 16, 2019 0