Nov 11, 2020 Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Setup:

• Windows 10 Pro
  • Captivate 2019 v11.5.5.553
  • Responsive HTML5 Project with images and text in fluid boxes

I am trying to provide a client with handouts to review materials in a manner similar to slide notes. I have followed the official guide titled "How to publish Captivate Projects to Microsoft Word" found here https://helpx.adobe.com/captivate/using/microsoft-word.html

Unfortunately, the images look extremely bad. Items are moved around and some are scaled up and/or offscreen. This feature seems completely unusable. Can anyone advise on why this export looks so bad?

Below is a comparison. Sadly it is not the worst one.

In Project and in Browser:

Elearnr_1-1605120218969.png

In Exported Word Document

Elearnr_0-1605120140788.jpeg

Can anyone provide advice on how this can be corrected? I have tried different print options without any real difference.

Elearnr_2-1605120590380.png

Any help/tips would be appreciated. And let me know if support is where this issue should go. It just seems completely broken and unusable.

TOPICS
Import export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree... pretty unusable. It is even worse when you have multistate objects, or lot of interactivity on a slide.

Years ago I decided never to use that workflow. Print output is not really a good way to judge an eLearning course at all. If someone insists, I use InDesign and create from scratch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Agreed.

I have started grabbing screenshots and placing them in a table in MS Word. This is a review process for the content we created. Our course sponsor had their communications team look at it, but they all need an editable review document, so a text document or presentation file is the most flexible thing I can prepare for them.

I think I am going to revert to drafting full storyboards in PowerPoint again. I skipped that in this project.

Thanks for the feedback, particularly the fact that things get even harder when there is interactivity on a slide. - the next version of this project migth have that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources