I am trying to provide a client with handouts to review materials in a manner similar to slide notes. I have followed the official guide titled "How to publish Captivate Projects to Microsoft Word" found here https://helpx.adobe.com/captivate/using/microsoft-word.html
Unfortunately, the images look extremely bad. Items are moved around and some are scaled up and/or offscreen. This feature seems completely unusable. Can anyone advise on why this export looks so bad?
Below is a comparison. Sadly it is not the worst one.
In Project and in Browser:
In Exported Word Document
Can anyone provide advice on how this can be corrected? I have tried different print options without any real difference.
Any help/tips would be appreciated. And let me know if support is where this issue should go. It just seems completely broken and unusable.
I agree... pretty unusable. It is even worse when you have multistate objects, or lot of interactivity on a slide.
Years ago I decided never to use that workflow. Print output is not really a good way to judge an eLearning course at all. If someone insists, I use InDesign and create from scratch.
I have started grabbing screenshots and placing them in a table in MS Word. This is a review process for the content we created. Our course sponsor had their communications team look at it, but they all need an editable review document, so a text document or presentation file is the most flexible thing I can prepare for them.
I think I am going to revert to drafting full storyboards in PowerPoint again. I skipped that in this project.
Thanks for the feedback, particularly the fact that things get even harder when there is interactivity on a slide. - the next version of this project migth have that.