• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Publish responsive project to web

New Here ,
May 04, 2019 May 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When publishing a responsive project in Captivate 2019, a folder is created with several different files and folders inside. Is it possible to publish this output to a web page or an intranet? Is it this folder that I somehow publish or do I need to perform any additional steps? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 04, 2019 May 04, 2019

If you want to view the output from a website or intranet then you need to upload ALL of the published files and folders to a location on the web server for your website or intranet.  It's not as simple as just uploading one or two of the files.  You have to upload all of them and they need to be maintain the same structural relationships otherwise the linkages will be broken.

Websites are actually a collection of files as well.   The fact that you click on a link that takes you to a particular H

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want to view the output from a website or intranet then you need to upload ALL of the published files and folders to a location on the web server for your website or intranet.  It's not as simple as just uploading one or two of the files.  You have to upload all of them and they need to be maintain the same structural relationships otherwise the linkages will be broken.

Websites are actually a collection of files as well.   The fact that you click on a link that takes you to a particular HTML page of the site does not mean that you only need that particular HTML file for everything to work.  There may be dozens of other files in the background that are linked to the HTML file and provide other elements such as images or animations as well as functional code that determines the look-and-feel or interactivity.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my blog I include often a published Captivate file in an iFrame. I upload the complete folder to my domain and use the URL to include in the iFrame. However in that case I don't use a responsive project but a scalable HTML project. Reason: the blog host (posthaven) is not responsive.

For published responsive projects at this moment I offer the link to the URL of the uploaded project, do not embed it. There may be a way. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a video tutorial I did some time ago showing how you can upload a published Captivate project to an Amazon AWS server. Obviously each server has different procedures but this tutorial shows that it can easily be done. https://youtu.be/wajNZA9oVnw

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2019 May 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you all for the replies, it was exactly what I needed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2019 Oct 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rod,

I have uploaded the entire project file to my server, and have been directing browsers to the "index.html" file.  Browsers can see that the module is at the location specified, but cannot open it; I keep getting the "too many redirects" error.  I have tested in both Firefox and Safari.  Are there any steps that I might be missing?

Thank you,

Amanda

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 30, 2019 Oct 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this 'server' that you speak of a web server or just a LAN server?  HTML5 content is intended for web servers only.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2019 Oct 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply! It's a web server, DreamHost web hosting. I used their native FTP to upload the project folder. The project works splendidly if I load it from my hard drive, but I get the redirect error when I try to load it from DreamHost. I didn't change or omit any of the files in the project folder. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 31, 2019 Oct 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ask the technical staff at your web hosting service if their server is configured to allow JSON files.  Captivate's HTML5 output uses this type of file but not all web servers allow it.  It could be the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2019 Nov 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources