• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Publish to MP4 is stuck in the process when in software simulation mode

New Here ,
Dec 03, 2019 Dec 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I published a video recorded in software simulation mode to MP4, first, the typing process is skipped in MP4, then when I tried to publish for more times, the publishing process got stuck. I tried to close Captivate, open the project and publish again, but every time it just stucked. I have tried for several times, but it just got stuck. Can anyone help to solve the problem? Thanks very much!

captivate problem2.PNG

TOPICS
Import export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure I understand you correctly.

You mention "typing process is skipped in MP4".  If you are referring to interactive sections of a software simulation, you need to remember that MP4 video is NOT an interactive format.  

Your screenshot appears to indicate you are working on a Mac computer.  If so, which MacOS version are you on?  If it is Catalina, you may be experiencing issues because no version of Captivate is currently compatible with Catalina.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I chose software simulation mode, and then choose demo instead of training, as I was not going to record an interactive video, but just wanted the video to be in slides so they will be more convinent to be edited one by one slide. I am using Captivate 2017 on Windows 10. I have recorded several videos in this mode one month ago, and published them as MP4, and the output were OK. But I don't why this time there occurred a problem like this.

captivate problem.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 04, 2019 Dec 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is a flaw in the UX IMO. It is not because you record a Video Demo that you need to make it Interactive, it can be a passive video as well, published to mp4.

I suggested this because of the much better quality and some issues which can occur with a software simulation in Demo mode. Two issues are often mentioned in this forum: problems with Full Motion Recording slides (FMR) and with Typing Objects. You are talking about the second problem.  Probably this is due to the SWF-based origin of both. Workaround, cumbersome, which I could propose is to avoid FMR slides whenever possible. In many cases you can replace dragging and other mouse activities by atlerntive workflows. When you cannot avoid them, like with Typing objects, replace those slides by Video Demo slides which will work perfectly. At this moment both types of slides are converted to MP4 (as you can see in your screenshot) but it is not always working well. Wished this would be refurbished.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2019 Dec 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will try. Thanks a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 06, 2019 Dec 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Success!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources