We are currently using Captivate 2017 for a non-responsive project. We read the varying posts. To date:
1) We do not autoplay and we have a poster image
2) We tried publishing straight to Youtube option; no audio.
3) We used the publish settings to publish as a video, no audio.
4) We altered the bit rate to see if that made a difference, it did not.
5) We added a second before every slide and republished as a video as well as a YouTube, and that did not work.
Any other ideas? We are using PC/ Windows 10 Enterprise.
Check the Captivate Project > Publish settings to see if Include Audio may be deselected at the moment. If so, select it and publish again.
The Include Audio button was checked so it is not that. Thanks for trying to assist us.
Please let us know if you have other ideas.
Can you please try to recreate the preferences for Captivate and check.
1. Close Adobe Captivate.
2. Go to: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Captivate 2019 x64\utils
3. Double-click CleanPreferencesWin.bat file.
4. Now relaunch Captivate and check the issue again.
We tried that and audio still is not publishing with the video.
Your current project may have become corrupted.
Create another project of the same stage dimensions, add a single audio file to one of the slides on that project and test publish to see if it plays audio. If it does, try copying slides from your current project over to the new project to see if that allows sound to play for those slides when you test publish.
Thanks for your response. Unfortunately that did not work. It is also more than one of our developers having the issue.
Beginning to wonder if maybe an install went awry when we got our new laptops. Do you know of any settings within those folders that could affect this?
These types of issues can happen, but they are usually very rare.
If even a brand new project does not publish with audio then I would say you must have a dodgy installation, and the fact that a number of developers at the same site also have the same issue would tend to confirm the theory that maybe your corporate SOE is causing a conflict with the drivers that Captivate needs in order to correctly publish output with audio.
One thing you should try is to get one of the Admins to try logging onto your computer with their own profile and test Captivate publishing to see if this issue might be related to permissions. It would be interesting to know if someone with full admin permissions had the same issue.