• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Published failed in Captivate 2017

Engaged ,
Jun 25, 2018 Jun 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, I have a very nasty message when I try to preview with F11.

"Published failed."

Any ideas?

Thanks

B

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A non-responsive project? It is not sure yet that it will not work after real publishing. F11 tries to create a temporary HTML folder. Do you get the same message when trying to publish? You are on 10.0.1.285?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it is a non-responsive, yes- I am on the latest version too.

It is interesting that when trying to preview a full module I have no issues

If I start a brand new project just to test something, a project with one caption only for instance - I get this error.

When I try to publish I also get error

First

Error(s)

Internal Error

and then

Published failed

Thanks Lieve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have written this so often, so please bare with me if you know it already. In a non-responsive project, the only Preview method that uses a temporary HTML output is F11. All other preview methods create a temporary SWF. This means your issue is for HTML only, but that is probably what you want as output.

If you are on Win (cannot remember for every user), do you Run as Administrator?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on Windows, I do not run as administrator normally but if needed I can start Captivate as Admin,

I do not have that issue with Captivate 9 btw.

It is correct, I don't have issue with F12 for the SWF in browser

Thanks

B

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for typo 'bear' was meant, but autocorrection turned it into 'bare'.

It looks like Captivate is becoming more sensitive to have it Run as Administrator in most recent versions. Please try that to see if it helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried as admin and the same result ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something is awry with that project, is it only happening for this project? You could try copy/paste to a new blank project, or first test with a brand new project to see if the message continues to appear. You were not able to publish to HTML neither? I mean, not the Preview. Which browser is set as default browser? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well, actually it happens with any simple project I start

I add only one caption and it would not preview HTML5 in browser  - F 11

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Clean Preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Lieve

Not working after reseting the preferences either

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bit out of ideas now. Something must be causing a conflict.  Is this a new problem, were you ever able to use F11 for a non-responsive project?  I doubt it can be due to a corrupted theme, is this a custom theme or one of the default themes packaged with Captivate?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes

I was able before

I think I should reinstall it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if it will help, something must have changed on your system which is causing this. There is no proof that it is due to Captivate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe I was playing with the preferences and the Global Text caption settings. It may have been the cause

I will try

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You did reset the Preferences, cannot be the cause, and reinstalling is not clearing Preferences. Object styles are in the theme. Try temporarily another theme (asked about it before) to see if publishing will work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did not mean that one

Some time ago I did what Rod said in this post https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2470054

but I keep on having no options in the default recording options... I reinstalled and reexecuted the bat file that Rod mentioned.

Here is what I get when I click on Restore Defaults.

Thanks Lieve

Untitled.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cleaning prefereces by running the CleanPreferences.... file in the subfolder 'utils' of the installation folder is what I meant before. You didn't try that?  Do you use so many themes? Much easier to have Recording defaults in the theme.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I did try that.

I don't use many themes but the Recording defaults are important because this is where you can set the smart shape types etc.

Even if I use my corporate theme, when I start taking screen shots with Record Software Simulation the smart shapes applies are the ones in the General Settings and not of the Theme.

Thanks

B

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources