• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Publishing a Captivate project - embedding or dedicated URL

New Here ,
Jan 30, 2020 Jan 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, this is my first Captivate project and there are some aspects to publishing that I can't get clear in my mind from the online information.

I'm aiming to create an e-learning module which contains some embedded MP4 video content (which my team will create) as well as interactive text.

Publishing -- the aim is twofold: 1) to embed the module within an existing company web page 2) have a stand-alone URL on the company web site (e.g. www.company.org/.../e-learning-module.html

Looking at Captivate online guidance, I can see the two options: 1) 'Publish for devices' 2) 'Publish to Adobe Connect'

What I don't understand is -- 1) 'Publish for devices' : what does this create, exactly? An .html file that could be embedded within a web page, or uploaded to a server at a dedicated URL, as I require? i.e. it's not publishing online, is it, but publishing as in 'project is finished'? I can't see any URL-definitions in the screenshots -- and Adobe don't host anything with this publishing option, do they?

I just need to be clear how users access the module online.

2) 'Publish to Adobe Connect' -- I can see there's a URL-definition element to this option, but what is this, exactly? Does Adobe Connect host the content at an Adobe URL, to be sorted out / purchased separately? I don't understand what the options are with this, or the practicalities.

Many thanks,

Andrew

TOPICS
Getting started , Import export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 30, 2020 Jan 30, 2020

Due to the options you are mentioning, I know you are talking about a responsive project, Fluid Boxes workflow.

Publish to devices will create a folder with several subfolders, but having an index.html file included. You need to upload that folder just like a website to a webserver (which supports JSON) or a LMS (if you have reporting turn on, which I suspect is not the case). You can embed in another webpage using an iFrame, pointing to the URL. I use this method on my blog if I want to embed

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 30, 2020 Jan 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Due to the options you are mentioning, I know you are talking about a responsive project, Fluid Boxes workflow.

Publish to devices will create a folder with several subfolders, but having an index.html file included. You need to upload that folder just like a website to a webserver (which supports JSON) or a LMS (if you have reporting turn on, which I suspect is not the case). You can embed in another webpage using an iFrame, pointing to the URL. I use this method on my blog if I want to embed a tutorial. But those are non-responsive projects, published as Scalable HTML. Have no experience with responnsive projects....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2020 Jan 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fantastic, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 31, 2020 Jan 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources