• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Publishing a captivate project without an LMS

New Here ,
Apr 24, 2020 Apr 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using a Captivate 2019 trial to see if it will suit the needs of my school.

I have created a basic project and now want to publish and share with students to see how they find it. When publishing I presume I just publish to computer and share, however this is then just showing as a blank screen when opened by others.

Am I missing something? We don't use an LMS, just share files through MS SharePoint.

Thanks for any help provided,

Daniel.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A couple things here.

1. It does work best if you can get the project out on a webserver for others to access. You would need to point them to the index.html file found in the folder that is created upon publish. Perhaps your district has some webspace they can place the files for you...? Otherwise- there are some other web sources out there that you can use for free under a limited scope.
  2. Since you are using a trial version - depending on how long ago you installed it, and how much time you spent in development - the project will expire and no one will be able to view it until it is published with a licensed copy so you'll want to act quickly to maximize the amount of time others can view it.
  3. I am not familiar with SharePoint to offer any suggestions that might address quirks in how to share a Captivate project.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2021 Sep 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar issue.  

I purchased Captivate 2019, created and published a training project. 

The people who will view this project are geographically seperated from me and do not have Captivate.

I published to a zipped HTML5 file, unpacked it on my desktop and it runs (kind of) when i click on the index file.  It is very slow (10-15 secs) to load when switching from page to page and videos.  the same happens when others unpack the zip file on their computers.

It used to work great when published to adobe flash but I can no longer use the .exe file on our work network.

thank you

Joe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 10, 2021 Sep 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Published HTML output needs to be uploaded to a webserver or a LMS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One of tthe problems with Sharepoint is the support of JSON lacking. Maybe have a look at:

https://elearning.adobe.com/2019/12/json-files-workaround-flash-question/

Published files from a trial version will expire after 30 days.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources