Highlighted

Publishing a VR 360 Captivate project in html

Community Beginner ,
Nov 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I've been making materials in Captivate for a year, exporting in html and uploading to an LMS to Cambridge University Press, in a very satisfactory way. Now I'm trying the same with a 360 virtual reality project but I have the problem that when I publish the html and open the downloaded "index", I can´t see the project correctly, only a black screen with the control buttons. From the pptx file, in preview mode, I can see it, but when I publish it, there is no way. I've tried in Chrome 70 and Safari and nothing. I do not know if it is necessary to touch some parameter of the publishing configuration or what ?. However I have seen some web where this vr projects are published and they work and they look good. Any ideas?

Thank you!!

Captura de pantalla 2018-11-01 a las 23.26.20.png

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by Lilybiri | Most Valuable Participant

Did you try to upload to a webserver for testing? 

You probably know that Autoplay is disabled, also for a VR project. Do you ever see the Play button?

Topics

Editing, Virtual reality

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Publishing a VR 360 Captivate project in html

Community Beginner ,
Nov 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I've been making materials in Captivate for a year, exporting in html and uploading to an LMS to Cambridge University Press, in a very satisfactory way. Now I'm trying the same with a 360 virtual reality project but I have the problem that when I publish the html and open the downloaded "index", I can´t see the project correctly, only a black screen with the control buttons. From the pptx file, in preview mode, I can see it, but when I publish it, there is no way. I've tried in Chrome 70 and Safari and nothing. I do not know if it is necessary to touch some parameter of the publishing configuration or what ?. However I have seen some web where this vr projects are published and they work and they look good. Any ideas?

Thank you!!

Captura de pantalla 2018-11-01 a las 23.26.20.png

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by Lilybiri | Most Valuable Participant

You probably know that Autoplay is disabled, also for a VR project. Do you ever see the Play button?

Topics

Editing, Virtual reality

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Most Valuable Participant ,
Nov 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you check out what is described in this post by a staff member?

Not able to see Add 360 image/video icon on the 360 slide - check for the required GPU/WebGL support...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your kindle answer. But I can see without problems the 360 video/image button and I can make the project in Captivate, and preview. The problem is when I publish as html the 360 project and then I try to open the "index" file in a browser. I've verifed that I've WebGL enable in Chrome and in Safari, but doesn't work. I only see a black screen with the control buttons. Maybe something in the 360 html publishing settings?

Thank you!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you again. About to upload to the LMS (is a web), no, I've not had the chance to do it yet.

And yes, I see the play button but it doesn´t make anything.

Thank you again!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Play button is not starting the course? Try by uploading, I sometimes have that problem as well trying to run locally.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I`m going to do as you say. I'll inform you about the result. Thanks again!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue.  There is apparently no way to preview it locally which is killing me.  I just want to be able to quickly preview the files and share the files with others to review before having to upload them to a webserver to test.  Any luck with your issue?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not true, sometimes locally viewing is working, but not all the time. It is the same with websites: they are meant to be viewed from a server, and it is not different for Captivate's HTML output. It was much easier with SWF output which was stantdardized but has been killed by....

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currently having this same issue.  I have uploaded it to our BlackBoard server.  I see the play button first, and click to start the slides.  Then I get the same black screen; while everything else works (can spin around, click on buttons and text which ARE displayed), the background remains black.  On Chrome on a PC.

screenshot1.png

screenshot2.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did; I was pretty sure I'd be okay since the preview works fine, but I did the check anyway.

screenshot3.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, just wanted to double-check.

You talk about Chrome, did you try a different browser (not IE, but FF or Edge)?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried FF and Edge, same results.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That narrows where to look for a solution. It can be in Captivate or in Blackboard.

Did you set up as a SCORM folder or a package (I have used Blackboard years ago and it supported also zipped packages without SCORM setup)? Could you test on a simple webserver (turn off reporting if you included Questions in the VR project)?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've only tried it NOT using SCORM;  I published for Mobile devices, zipping the files, then uploading the zip to a folder the on Course Content section of my course. 

I will enable reporting and try, to see if that makes any difference, but I expect not...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And I love being wrong.  Uploading as a SCORM (I did select no grading) worked perfectly.

Now I can play with quizzes and grading.  Thanks so much for the prodding!!!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Double wrong.  It worked only once for some reason.  Trying clearing the cache and restarting browser...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wait a minute: is this a responsive project? I read '...published for mobile devices'. AFAIK 360 slides cannot be used in a Fluid Boxes project.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems to run once the first time after I upload the SCORM, then gives me the black screen.  I've reloaded the SCORM several times, and same.  Cleaning the cache did not seem to have any impact.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know what a 'fluid box' is. But Publish to Mobile Device, Publish to Adobe Connect, and Publish to Adobe Captivate Prime are my only options.  As I've noted, I can get it to run once after enabling as SCORM content.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OH SORRY, I meant publish to Virtual Reality device, not mobile.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, got it.

Did you try to clear the Preferences? I read that you will clear the cache, not the Preferences. You need admininstrator rights.Search for the subfolder 'utils' under the installation folder and run the 'CleanPreferences....' file appropriate for your OS. Captivate needs to be closed while doing that.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cleared preferences, and republished.  No change.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you may need to get Adobe Support involved in this.  Make them earn their keep.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am out of ideas. I never asked where you got the VR images, how they were created?

I have different Publish options for such a project. See:

VR.PNG

You talked about 'Publish to Virtual Reality Device', an option which I don't have. I always publish to Computer. Wonder if it is again a terminology problem, and you choose 'Publish for Devices (App)' which means publishing with PhoneGap?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So worked with Adobe support a bit, and they were able to get it working in their cloud SCORM with no problems, yet I am still getting the same thing.  I tried publishing to BlackBoard Coursites, and it worked a few times before getting the same problem.  As i was able to use it fine while in Adobe's SCORM cloud, I don't think it's likely my computer, but I'm still working on it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
RodWard LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a small point: SCORM Cloud doesn't belong to Adobe.  It's a separate company, and their LMS is pretty much the "gold standard" for SCORM compliance.

If your content worked in SCORM Cloud then the issue is almost certainly with Blackboard LMS or something in your network infrastructure.  I suggest you should log the issue with Blackboard and get them to check their logs to find out why the content gets blocked after working only once.  It seems like some kind of permissions issue to me, but I don't know the ins and outs of Blackboard.  You need to get their technicians on the problem to have any chance of working this out.

And by the way, don't let them get away with blaming Captivate. Tell them you've already proved the content can work on a different LMS (which is actually a lot cheaper than Blackboard).

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
Captivate User Guide
New Group