Highlighted

Publishing Captivate 2017 to HTML5

Community Beginner ,
May 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My courses were created in Cp2017 initially publishing as SWF and HTML5. I'm being asked now to only publish as HTML5 and when I do, many of the items are not working correctly - drag and drop not working, widgets not working, states not working correctly-may or maynot show, unable to enter in text entry boxes, feedback flashes on the screen and totally not readable...

Prior to publishing, I checked the HTML5 tracker and nothing was listed. Course worked as designed when SWF was included in the publish.

Will upgrading to Cp2019 fix any of the publishing issues by being the latest version? Or, has anyone encountered these issues and if so, how did you mitigate them?

Thanks so much!

Cindy

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Publishing Captivate 2017 to HTML5

Community Beginner ,
May 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My courses were created in Cp2017 initially publishing as SWF and HTML5. I'm being asked now to only publish as HTML5 and when I do, many of the items are not working correctly - drag and drop not working, widgets not working, states not working correctly-may or maynot show, unable to enter in text entry boxes, feedback flashes on the screen and totally not readable...

Prior to publishing, I checked the HTML5 tracker and nothing was listed. Course worked as designed when SWF was included in the publish.

Will upgrading to Cp2019 fix any of the publishing issues by being the latest version? Or, has anyone encountered these issues and if so, how did you mitigate them?

Thanks so much!

Cindy

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 22, 2019 1
Most Valuable Participant ,
May 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe only the SWF output was viewed when you published to both. I suspect you have items which are incompatible with HTML5 output. You talk about 'widgets', but the real widgets are not compatible, only the Learning Interactions.

If this is a non-responsive project, check before publishing with Preview HTML in Browser (F11). It is the only preview mehtod which is using a temporary HTML5 output. After publishing you need to upload to a webserver or a LMS to see the full functionality.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 22, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
May 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've gone back in and revisited the issues. After publishing, the biggest issue in the published file is the Glossary. It was created through Interactions>Learning Interactions>Glossary.

Project is non-responsive. When I preview, the Glossary shows. When I preview with F11 as suggested, the Glossary doesn't show. When I preview in the LMS, the Glossary doesn't show.

Glossary shows/hides with a Toggle action. It worked when published as SWF/HTML.  Does the Glossary learning interaction no longer work in HTML5?

Has anyone else experienced this?

Please advise.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 24, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I have found is that the Glossary learning interaction itself will publish OK in both SWF or HTML5 but the text entered into the Glossary for terms and definitions is likely to be the reason it will not appear.  The SWF output is not as bothered by text characters, but the HTML5 output is extremely sensitive to having any characters that might also happen to be used in JavaScript or HTML coding.

So you need to trawl through your terms and definitions and find what it is that is causing the issue.  It's not easy.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 24, 2019 0
Lilybiri LATEST
Most Valuable Participant ,
May 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To add to Rod's answer, it doesn't support any comnination characters neither as you have in most languages except on the very simple US keyboard.

No é ç à ù like in French

No   ë ü  ö  like in German or DUtch

No  ñ  like in Spanish...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 25, 2019 0