Highlighted

Publishing in HTML5 - v11 / 2019

New Here ,
Jun 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The 2019 v11 Adobe Captivate might have a few issues with the Windows 10 and none of my colleagues here are able to help! The one I need the most help is with the Publishing of a Captivate project in HTML5 - to be viewed in a Browser..

I had a Demo that was included and ALL the other options except the HTML5, Browser option seems to be getting messed up - for e.g. the screen coverage in my demo (for a few slides) were captured as cropped even though there wasn't any issue while recording...

Can the experts here suggest any workaround other than redoing this demo? I did export/save all my Audio files related to the slides...

Note: If I play the same project in SWF or other options available in Captivate - No Issues. Also, some of the content in the ppt slides were blanking out etc and we worked around this by re-importing and changing some option such as High Fidelity... None of these were an issue in the older captivate version

Your help is greatly appreciated...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Publishing in HTML5 - v11 / 2019

New Here ,
Jun 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The 2019 v11 Adobe Captivate might have a few issues with the Windows 10 and none of my colleagues here are able to help! The one I need the most help is with the Publishing of a Captivate project in HTML5 - to be viewed in a Browser..

I had a Demo that was included and ALL the other options except the HTML5, Browser option seems to be getting messed up - for e.g. the screen coverage in my demo (for a few slides) were captured as cropped even though there wasn't any issue while recording...

Can the experts here suggest any workaround other than redoing this demo? I did export/save all my Audio files related to the slides...

Note: If I play the same project in SWF or other options available in Captivate - No Issues. Also, some of the content in the ppt slides were blanking out etc and we worked around this by re-importing and changing some option such as High Fidelity... None of these were an issue in the older captivate version

Your help is greatly appreciated...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jun 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder which exact version you are using? When recording did you run Captivate with the setting 'Run as Administrator? Do you use a retina screen, did you reset it to 100% display percentage? For cpaturing you need to have 1px:ox on the screen.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Version: Captivate 2019, v 11. something.

Brief about the project itself:

1. It has slides from a Powerpoint
      2. It has a Recording of a Software "demo" session

I had issues with #1 - some of the content within a slide appears vs others not and partly due to the defaulting behavior of 2019 and other setting changes/issues, which I worked around and it now looks fine

I am trying to resolve the issues with #2 - While recording, all the content was within the "Red Recording Window" correctly with the resolution and stuff which I am trying to adhere to. When I preview and check the entire project, I have NO issues with ANY of these options like the SWF highlighted except the HTML5 (image below). With html5 in Browser, "some" of the screens are getting cropped/cut off at the edges but for the other preview options, I have neither Issues 1 or 2!!

• Can the issues in #2 (cropping of image/window) be resolved WITHOUT me having to redo the entire recording again? Any settings to apply (or workarounds to perform) to the existing content that will help?

Appreciate your timely help!!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
Captivate User Guide
New Group