Highlighted

Publishing issue - elearning exits when I click on the slide

New Here ,
Jun 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I am fairly new to Captivate and have published an elearning module built in Captivate 2017. The problem I am having is that when I click anywhere on the slide that is not a button, the module closes down. (I am publishing to my computer only at this stage.)

This does not happen with other modules I have created, and I don't know where to start looking to solve the problem.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Gabrielle

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Publishing issue - elearning exits when I click on the slide

New Here ,
Jun 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I am fairly new to Captivate and have published an elearning module built in Captivate 2017. The problem I am having is that when I click anywhere on the slide that is not a button, the module closes down. (I am publishing to my computer only at this stage.)

This does not happen with other modules I have created, and I don't know where to start looking to solve the problem.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Gabrielle

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 11, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try uploading your content to a web server and then test from there.

If you don't have access to a web server, open a free account with SCORM.com, publish your content as a SCORM zip file and then upload to test on the SCORM Cloud LMS.

If all of this is beyond you, I suggest you look into any Captivate Basics training videos or facilitated courses that you can find.  You may simply need some basic training before Captivate will make sense.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 11, 2018 0
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for attempting to help. I have just discovered the problem. I had created a button and set it to 1 attempt and to Exit on the final attempt.

Unfortunately, I had copied the button multiple times, so spread the issue to multiple slides. I have since reset the button to accept infinite attempts and the problem is solved! 

A silly error, and one that took a while to find.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 11, 2018 0