Highlighted

Publishing Size Issue

New Here ,
Aug 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I am working on a responsive project in Captivate 2017 with slide size of 960 X 720.  When I preview the project, it looks fine on my screen and then when I publish to ScormCloud, it also looks fine on my screen.  However, when my client views the file it does not fit in her screen and she has to scroll to see the buttons on the bottom of the slide.  Has anyone seen this before and if so, do you know how to fix it?  I don't understand why my computer looks fine and hers requires the scroll.  We are both using Chrome as the browser.  The client will not have control over what browser is used to view the project once made public so I need it to function the same on all browsers.  Thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated.  I can't replicate the issue, so I am having trouble solving it.

Her screen resolution is 1024 X 768.

Thank you in advance.

Stephanie

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Publishing Size Issue

New Here ,
Aug 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I am working on a responsive project in Captivate 2017 with slide size of 960 X 720.  When I preview the project, it looks fine on my screen and then when I publish to ScormCloud, it also looks fine on my screen.  However, when my client views the file it does not fit in her screen and she has to scroll to see the buttons on the bottom of the slide.  Has anyone seen this before and if so, do you know how to fix it?  I don't understand why my computer looks fine and hers requires the scroll.  We are both using Chrome as the browser.  The client will not have control over what browser is used to view the project once made public so I need it to function the same on all browsers.  Thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated.  I can't replicate the issue, so I am having trouble solving it.

Her screen resolution is 1024 X 768.

Thank you in advance.

Stephanie

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 13, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What does she have the View % set to in her browser?  What does she have the Display % set to in her Windows OS display settings?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 13, 2018 0
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rod - Both are set to 100%.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 14, 2018 0
RodWard LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another thing you can do is ask her to send to a screenshot of her entire monitor screen when the course is showing scrollbars.  Some windows users have so many shortcut icons added to the Task Bar at the bottom of their screen that it has to wrap to two lines which makes it twice as high.  This can mean there is not enough available screen real estate for the course to run without scrollbars.

Does this user have very poor eyesight or something? Having a screen resolution THAT low in this day and age is very unusual.  Most people would be running something at least 1440 or 1600 pixels wide.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 14, 2018 0
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are thinking that we might have found the issue.  I am working on a Windows 10 machine and publishing from that machine.  She is viewing on a Windows 7 PC.  We are going to try having her publish on a Win 7 PC and see if that resolves the issue.  If so, then my guess is that Win 10 is backwards compatible but win 7 is not.

Does anyone have any experience with this situation?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 14, 2018 0