Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Publishing to video format... audio error

Participant ,
Aug 30, 2018 Aug 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I have a very strange question... I have four simple captivate 'modules' each of which contain animated videos and some simple interactions.

Exporting them all as Scorm packages and uploading them to my LMS they all play absolutely fine.

Publishing them as 'video' files they all play fine apart from one.  When played back the audio in it plays too soon - i cant see it anywhere and like i say if i preview the project in Captivate it's fine and when exported and uploaded to my LMS it's fine the issue only occurs when exported as a video...

any ideas would be much appreciated...

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 12, 2018 Oct 12, 2018

Check version number: 11.0.1.266 is recent version.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"i cant see it anywhere"

You mean you can't see the audio layer on the timeline? That seems odd...

If you CAN, bump the audio up a bit on the timeline and save as a new file, then export. If that works, just pushing forward the timing of the audio track - great, just be sure it's in a duplicate file so it doesn't affect all the other versions on later publishing.

If you can't see the audio track for some reason, and can't figure out how to adjust it at all in the course, two options:

1. Create a new project with the same overall project settings. Copy/paste all the content from the original into the new file, save, and publish. Maybe it's just something odd in the original file throwing off the timing, which happens.

2. Open the published video in something like Camtasia or Premiere and adjust the audio track to the video (i.e. bump the video track up a little) and republish the video. In other words, adjust the A/V sync in post-production

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 12, 2018 Oct 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks both.  I'm sorry i didn't realise I hadn't  replied. Last time i copied all my files out into a new project, published and it worked fine.  Just made a tiny change, published and the audio issue is happening again! No there's no audio at the start of my project (first slide) and when previewed in Captivate it's fine.  When published as a video file however the audio from slide three jumps to the begining..... so so strange and only happens occasionally!

I'm using Windows, Captivate 2019...

Thank you

Kim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check version number: 11.0.1.266 is recent version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks I'll update - I'm using 11.0.0.243

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version do you use and which OS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources