Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Quality of publish projects

New Here ,
Dec 18, 2018 Dec 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I have a problem that never happened before with me regarding captivate. I start a project from a power point presentation and added some interactive processes. However, when I publish it, the quality of image is not good. It is blurred and almost painful to read the text. I have already selected high quality in publish settings, but this didn't seem to change the final quality.

Does anybody has an idea of what can I do? This is a very important project to me, and I am afraid for this bad quality.

Thanks in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2019 Jan 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I've just started a trial on Captivate & have exactly the same issue - everything is blurry.

I spoke with the Adobe CS rep today who had a look at my laptop... he adjusted all the settings, but still no/little improvement.

It wasn't until he adjusted the display settings on my desktop (from 150% to 100%) that it was much improved (but still not incredibly sharp). I have a new small (13") laptop & I can't work at 100% as everything is tiny. HP has 150% as my recommended setting because of this. So, unless I'm working at home & can connect to a large screen, I can't use Captivate.

I'm deciding between Captivate & Articulate right now... will check Articulate as this issue is a game changer for me.

I wish you luck with it!

M

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 05, 2019 Oct 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As mentioned to RodWard, Thank you for your replies on this issue. They have helped but do not address a fundamental issue that quality of output from Adobe Captivate is complex and remains below par even after those technical difficulties have been surmounted. I am also having similar issues regarding poor quality after publishing in Adobe Captivate and have followed your kind advice rigorously. Please let me mention from the outset that I am certainly not a perfectionist. I do not wish to digress in any way but your criticsm of the previous user in this way really is not helpful. The issue is the limitation of Adobe Captivate in that it cannot produce quality output. The user has reasonable expectations that Adobe Captivate should be able to publish in a reasonable and non-blurry way and it does not. The blurriness may once have been acceptable but is not any longer. I am genuinely disappointed that having purchased Adobe Captivate that the quality of output is this poor and this is after spending days trying to fix a variety of Adobe Catpivate issues and also to try and improve the publishing quality. I need to find an alternative. Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To follow on from this, I have not got any confidence that this blurriness will improve with Adobe Captivate so I have downloaded and just started a trial with Articulate. I imported my project and published. Within ten minutes I had a much better quality of output.

One or two issues remain such as for some reason some additional blank slides have been added to the output but for the main it has fixed several issues that I experienced with Adobe Captivate on publishing including:

a) Blurriness of output

b) Incorrect aspect ratio

c) Text being published horizontally and at the correct angle as created

d) Graphics published incorrectly in different locations

I will be taking out a subscription for Articulate and stop using Adobe Captivate immediately.

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Again, following on with this thread, I was also having issues not only with blurriness of output in publishing with Adobe Captivate but also that it would not produce SCORM compliant output i.e. the imsmanifest.xml file was missing from the zip file.

I just published using Articulate and was able to publish immediately without any difficulties at all!

RodWard, this is what using an application should be like. We are paid to produce courses and training. We do not have time and skills to have to delve into technical detail again and again and again to try and get something to work that should work easily and transparently.

I am absolutely appalled that I have spent so much money and spent so long in trying to get Adobe Captivate working even on the basics. I have only just created a trial in Articulate and used it for the first time, 30-60 minutes ago and I have already published and imported into Moodle.

Adobe needs to stop pretending that they have an application fit-for-purpose with Adobe Captivate.

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By all means please DO use whichever authoring app you prefer. Funny though how other people seem to be able to manage to get results just fine with Captivate. The only time I have ever seen it not include an imsmanifest.xml file in the SCORM output was that the person hadn't set up their Quiz Reporting settings properly. I guess maybe the software isn't the only part of this equation that might need looking at.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. Lol! That is funny since no quiz had been created at all.

It was a simple vanilla 15 slide presentation that was published without any intervention in Articulate.

I promise to do some soul-searching as to what else it could be other than the software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 06, 2019 Oct 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Unfortunately you are displaying the fact that you do NOT really understand some basics of SCORM output. It does NOT require the project contain a quiz in order to be valid. Many courses that are delivered from an LMS are more informational than assessment-oriented. The learner is awarded completion based on other criteria. But either way, in order for the output to be published from Captivate as a valid SCORM package you must correctly configure the SCORM settings. Captivate has many more options in this area than Storyline does. You need a slightly better understanding of what you are doing when you use this tool, just as you would need to have much better skills as a driver if you happened to strap yourself into a powerful rally car than you would when heading down to the story in your family sedan. Dig a little deeper in your soul searching. The answer IS there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources