• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Quality of Video demo capturing

Explorer ,
Sep 20, 2016 Sep 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There has been many discussions regarding this and I understand that Captivate is designed for Interactive training. I  need to build a project with a combination of simulation and vdeo demo capturing as I need to be able to edit mouse cursors in the simulation slides. The quality of my published file especially on the slides where I have used video capture for pan and zoom affect is very poor.

As per Lilybiri's advice I trialed Camtasia for Video capturing but you cannot change the cursor post production and I cannot find other Video capturing/editing software that will enable this.

I have my Captivate 9 video capturing set to 32bit and all my simulation screens set to Optimised but the output to MP4 is still poor with lines showing in all the backround images.

I need to host my files on YouTube so don't have the option of outputting to html5.

Can anyone please assist me with some advice how to get a better quality MP4 for my Project?

Thanks so much

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you capture these video demos at exactly the same height and width as the Captivate project CPTX into which you inserted them?  If not, and you rescaled the videos, then THAT's where at least some of your resolution would have been lost.

Another thing to try regarding the lines you mention are appearing is to turn off SWF compression options in Preferences.  See if the lines are improved after that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you use 16 or 32 bit - see Preferences, Recording, Video Demo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

32bit

Warm Regards

Claire

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did capture the video demo slides at the exact same size as the CPTX. I selected to video capture instead of screen capture within the project.

I'll check if I have the swf compression on or off and will advise.

Thanks so much

Warm Regards

Claire

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 14, 2020 Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There are no options in Preferences to select SWF compression, are you sure it's in there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources