• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Question about multiple projects

New Here ,
Jan 08, 2021 Jan 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me first say that I know nothing about Captivate. 

I'm a software engineer that is part of a devleopment team for a web based application.  Another member of our team is creating multiple computer based trainings for the application.  At this point, each CBT she produces has its own set of files & directories (ar, assets, callees, dr, vr, etc).  So, you have CBT #1 with all its files/directories and CBT #2 with all its files/directories.  Without knowing all the different components for Captivate, I'm sure there is alot of duplication here.  So, my question is:  When you have multiple "projects", which files are common and which files are unique to the "project"?   

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 08, 2021 Jan 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are thinking about trying to do what most programmers would consider a good idea and just replace all the common files with references to one source, I would suggest you forget about it.

Firstly, if your colleague is creating courseware for delivery from an LMS then it needs to be a SCORM package ZIP.  The SCORM standard requires the package to be totally self-contained and not referencing file outside the package.

So is there any chance your course content will be delivered from an LMS?

If not, and all you need is to deliver your HTML5 output from a web server, then your next issue is going to be that you cannot force Captivate to only publish out the files that change and not all of the other files.  It only really knows one way to do it and each time you republish you would be overwriting the files that you had modified with linkages.  The maintenance on fixing this each and every time a change was made to the content would not make it worth the trouble just to avoid duplication of a few files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2021 Jan 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The content won't be from a LMS, just served up directly from the web server where the application resides.  We will end up having 20ish CBTs and it sounds like the easiest approach is to have 20 instances of the complete structure rather than one instance of the core (common) pieces and 20 directories with jsut the unique piecs.

Thanks for the info, I'll pass it along.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources