Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Question Pool CSV Format

Explorer ,
Jan 14, 2021 Jan 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys!

I am back with another question for this awesome community.

As we develop our training courses we want to have the ability to import questions depeding on the course (Some may overlap or be more general then others). So naturally I stumbled around and found the Macro CSV question pool generator with Captivate 2019. Using that tool is super easy and user friendly but I believe I have discovered two bugs and I am wondering if anyone has a work around for it.

1. I have not found documentation on how to have a fill in the blank question be answered with a dropdown menu in the CSV file as you can make it do in the question slide itself.

2. Some question types are not included in the CSV model and I am wondering if anyone knows the proper format so that we can have them live in the CSV file.

Missing Question Types:
Hot Spot

Sequence - I am primarly interest in this one.

Cheers,

Vic
TOPICS
Advanced , Editing , Quizzing and LMS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 14, 2021 Jan 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For reasons which may be different from yours, I have abandoned the CSV workflow and got back to GIFT import.

My reason is linked with localisation. It was impossible to edit the resulting CSV file for translation. After translation it will not be accepted Sequence type exists in GIFT, it is called 'ordering question'. They also have a 'missing words' type. Bit in a hurry, cannot remember if CSV has those types.

You will never find hotspot, since that one is graphical. I never use it neither, always create a custom question to allow partial scoring. Especially with version 11.5 where you can have SVGs with clickable region limited to the image itself.

http://blog.lilybiri.com/svgs-for-custom-hotspot-question

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 20, 2021 Jan 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Lilybiri,

Sorry for getting back to you on this so late. I was pulled away to work on other aspects of the project.

Do you happen to have an example of a ordering question question? I cant find any GIFT documentation on it. Maybe it has been discontinued?

Cheers,

Vic

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 20, 2021 Jan 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry... cannot find it as GIFT type. It exists in Moodle as plug-in but there is no GIFT equivalent. My bad, should have looked it up before answering.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 21, 2021 Jan 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Okay thank you for confirming! Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something that would have been benifical

Cheers,

Vic

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources