• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Question Pool questions not randomising for users.

New Here ,
Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ihave a question pool of 17 questions. 10 of which are selected for a user assessment at the end of the module.

When a user starts the quiz they are given 10 random questions, the issue is if they fail I want them to get another 10 random questions, what is happening is they are getting the same 10 questions they have just failed. 

If another user attempts the quiz the questions are different but again on retake those same questions are allocated again.

Is it possible to set the qui in such a way that everytime the quiz is failed or started the questions are random from the 17 in the pool. I expect a level of duplication but not all 10 in the same order.

I am sure it is a simple setting I am missing.

Any help would be much apprechiated.

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only way out of the box is to close the session and restart the course. Then you'll get a new subset of random questions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

its every time you run the course so resetting is not an issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It needs to be closed and reopened, which is not the same as resetting. Here is a post (well-visited) with some tips about random questions:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/random-questions-dos-and-donts

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources