Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Question Pools

New Here ,
Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Everyone , 

Iam new to Captivate . My requirement is to create quiz with 20 questions  for a e-learning  . 

But i would require captivate to present to the 20 questions not in the same order for any two users at a time . 

Is there any possibility . 

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You want to prevent cheating, correct? I was professor in a university college in the past.

Rather simple: create a question pool with those 20 questions. Then insert 20 random questions in your course. Normally that should do the trick.

However: some control/functionality is lost with random questions, compared with normal questions. You can read about the differences in this blog:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/random-questions-dos-and-donts

Another, solution  maybe less efficient depending on your situation, is to have all answers shuffled? The questions will be presented in the same sequence, but simple cheating not possible since the correct answer will not be in the same location for each learner.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Lily,

Thanks for the answer . If i understand correctly i need create 1 question pool and map that question pool to 20 random slides .

Am i right . 

I was thinking another way around if i create 20 pools with same questions and map each pool to random slide . Here iam only afraid if the user gets the same question more than once . 

Please suggest . 

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That would indeed not be a good approach because they'll end up with identical questions. Please read that blog to judge if the limitations (like each slide needs to have exactly the same score, no penalty possible nor partial scoring) are OK for you. Did you read about shuffling? Why not a combination of some random slides with normal quiz slides with shuffled answers? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources