Highlighted

Question Quiz Review Captions Don't Appear

New Here ,
May 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you finish the quiz and review it, shouldn't it show quiz review captions? I have the option checked under quiz options, but it doesn't show the quiz review captions, just the markers to let you know whether you got them right or wrong.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Question Quiz Review Captions Don't Appear

New Here ,
May 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you finish the quiz and review it, shouldn't it show quiz review captions? I have the option checked under quiz options, but it doesn't show the quiz review captions, just the markers to let you know whether you got them right or wrong.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Most Valuable Participant ,
May 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, those review messages with the exception of not answered questions, have been replaced by the green and red check marks since many versions.

That the Review messages still can be entered is a bug IMO. Sorry about that.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to expand on that, you will notice that the only message that appears is the incomplete message. Take a closer look at the other message for this question slide.

2018-05-07_10-34-30.png

You can see that the other messages are for accessibility purposes only and will not be displayed during quiz review.

A few years ago I came up with a video that shows you how you can create a custom message for quiz reviews. It's kind of out of date so I may update it but check out this video as a possible solution.

https://youtu.be/qLmREass2gs

Paul Wilson, CTDP | https://captivateteacher.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cindy, You're welcome. BTW I removed your personal information from your previous post.

Paul Wilson, CTDP | https://captivateteacher.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Paul, I’m hiding the toolbar in the quiz, but once they click on review I would the toolbar to show instead of using the review previous and next buttons. Do you know of any way to do this. I assume I could create some type of variable that would show the bar once you returned to a particular slide?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll leave you to Paul, but there is a system variable cpInReviewMode.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! That helped me figure it out. I don’t use captivate that often. I need to review its variables and see what they do.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guys, I have the title slide set to hide playbar. When I preview it the playbar is there. I know this should work. Is this a glitch? I just need to hide the playbar on that one slide

--

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using the On Enter action of the first slide? Add a  very short slide before that first slide.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’ve fixed everything and works fine when I preview it but doesn’t work when I publish it. Does anyone have any idea why it’s doing this?

--

Cindy

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please avoid posting your personal credentials in a public forum, I took them out.

How do you test the published file (is it to HTML?)? For proper testing you have to upload it to a webserver or a LMS if you created a SCO. You can test in SCORM Cloud.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I’m so frustrated that I can’t work on this right now.

On the first slide I have it set to hide the playbar. When I preview it won’t work and when I publish it it does.

The other slides are quiz slides. I have the playbar hidden in the quiz. When you get to the result slide I have the review button and I have an action to show the playbar using the cpreviewshow variable. When I preview it, it works. The review button and the playbar is showing. When I publish it, when I get to the review slide the review button is there but the playbar is still hidden. Also, in the matching question, the dropdown font is black in preview, but white when I publish it. I’ve tried this all day.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to tell you NOT to put an advanced action On Enter of the first slide, but to insert a very short slide before that slide to be sure that the loading has finished and the action will be executed. The system variable is cpInRevewMode. Its default value = 0 and it is toggled to 1 when Review button is clicked.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn’t put anything the first slide. The problem is that it previews correctly but doesn’t publish correctly. It looks correct in the scorm cloud but not anywhere else. I’m going to try it again on a windows machine and see if it works.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Lilybiri LATEST
May 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it looks correct on SCORM Ckoud, the problem is with the LMS, not to be found in Captivate.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
Captivate User Guide
New Group