Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Questions

New Here ,
Oct 31, 2019 Oct 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I would like to add some interactivity to the course I'm going to create. I hope Captivate will allow me to accomplish such things.

1. Is it possible to upload a video to Captivate, add interactivity hotsposts and branching and then embed only the final video without any other slides into an LMS via HTML5 or SCORM?
  2. Are the following interactivity features supported?
    • A user clicks an interactive button/image and an audio file previously uploaded by me is played. This is key for language course where the student needs to hear the correct pronunciation.
    • A user clicks on a "microphone icon" which I would place on slides or inside videos in order to activate the PC's microphone and record their own voice. Then they should be able to play the recording.
  3. When I embed a course/quiz on other websites, is it possible to later edit them and have the changes automatically synced to the embedded instances or will I have to reembed the course/quiz from scratch?
  4. Regarding quizzesm is it possible create a question bank with as many questions as I want and then randomize question draws to keep quizzes from being predictable? Can I also choose how many questions will be pulled to the quiz?

I'd be grateful if any of you could help me figute out whether these things can be accomplished within Adobe Captivate. Thank you in advance for your time.

Best regards

TOPICS
Advanced , Advanced actions , Audio and video , Quizzing and LMS , Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 31, 2019 Oct 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For any interactive coursee you will always have to upload the published folder, not only the video. Seems a strange question. Such a course is like a website. You can have links to external websites, but anything needed for your 'site' needs to be uploaded.

Recording learner's voice is not included in Captivate but every other interactivity you point is possible. 

The raw cptx file always has to be republished when you have edited it. Seems logical to me, since so much will happen to make the published folder much smaller than the original raw file. 

Random questions are very easy to insert in a Captivate coures, you can use as many question pools as wanted. Have a look at:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/random-questions-dos-and-donts

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources