Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Quiz feedback too fast on LMS

New Here ,
Jan 29, 2019 Jan 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, everyone,

When I load my (HMTL5, non-responsive) coursesto LMS, the quiz feedback (correct/incorrect) sometimes comes too quickly.  I think it could be because of latency issues, since it seems to happen intermittently (sometimes it doesn't happen, when it does, it seems to happen to random questions, not the same ones).  Or perhaps when very sensitive keyboards are used, somehow a single click gets interpreted as 2 clicks, and it shows feedback for a split second before moving to the next slide (I am using the default "click anywhere" for navigation between quiz slides). 

This issue is virtually non-existent in Captivate.

Does anyone else experience this issue and has anyone figured out what can be done to mitigate it?  It is a pretty serious flaw, especially since we're using those quizzes test bank for the final test, and it's important for students to know what the correct answer was, not just get it right. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 29, 2019 Jan 29, 2019

That is not the most recent version, which is 10.0.1.285. Please install the patch, using Help, Updates.

The design of the Submit process is indeed:

• First step: clicking the Submit button will keep the playhead paused (default is at 1.5sec, you can see it on the timeline of the slide). The feedback messages appear.
  • Second step: learner decides to continue, by clicking the slide or pressing Y. Indeed clicking the Submit button a second time will release the playhead as well. The actions defined for

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please provide some more details? Which version ae you using (full number)?

What you mention is not at all a normal behavior for quiz slides.  Normal behavior is that the feedback messages remain visible until the learner decides to click the slide to proceed.  Did you change anything to the normal quizzing master slides?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using 10.0.0.  What other details would be helpful?

I understand that it is not a normal behavior, which is why I'm wondering if it has something to do with latency/keyboard.  A double-click would cause exactly that behavior, though, wouldn't it?  If there is a latency issue and the user thinks that the answer didn't "take" because s/he didn't hear a click when they pressed "submit", they might click "submit" a second time.  But if the system did move on in between 2 clicks, then it would interpret the second one as "click anywhere to continue", would it not?  And it would cause the feedback caption to appear for a very short time only. 

No, I did not intentionally change anything about quizzing master slides, and I don't think I'm advanced enough to accidentally seriously mess it up, I don't do much customization at this point, just messing with standard settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is not the most recent version, which is 10.0.1.285. Please install the patch, using Help, Updates.

The design of the Submit process is indeed:

• First step: clicking the Submit button will keep the playhead paused (default is at 1.5sec, you can see it on the timeline of the slide). The feedback messages appear.
  • Second step: learner decides to continue, by clicking the slide or pressing Y. Indeed clicking the Submit button a second time will release the playhead as well. The actions defined for Last Attempt or Success will be executed. Default is 'Continue' which means that the playhead will continue till the end of the slide (the inactive 1.5secs) 

If my memory is correct, this is the first time I do see this issue (been on the forums for 10 years, almost daily). You must have very special keyboards.

I will try to give you some suggestions. You could add an extra pause to the quiz slides by adding a shape button 'Continue' with a pausing point later than the quiz slide pausing point. Or you could skip the first step by using custom feedback messages and advanced or shared actions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Alas, they are not my keyboards.  I may have seen this issue once myself when testing my courses, but I've had reports about it from other users. 

I appreciate your suggestions, thank you.  Will update the software as well, but these courses were created, I believe, while it was still the most current version, almost a year ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources