• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Quiz for 2 different users

New Here ,
Mar 21, 2019 Mar 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Captivate 2017 and I have a course for 2 user groups, the course contains 3 case studies (with several questions for each).

User group 1 needs to view case study's 1 and 2 and User group 2 needs to view all 3 case studies.

What is the best way to set this up and how do I get the quiz results to reflect the 2 different user groups?

TOPICS
Quizzing and LMS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will have to take out the playbar and provide custom navigation to make sure only the appropriate slides and quiz slides are visited in each branch. To have to correct quiz result you need to turn on the Branch Aware feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the sticking point is likely to be getting the quiz results to reflect the different user groups.

You can certain set a variable value to identify which User Group the learner belongs to, and you can display this variable on the Quiz Results slide.

But were you intending to see this show up in some meaningful way displayed in the reports generated by your LMS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If a LMS is used, wouldn't the identification of the learner be sufficient? I would create two groups in the LMS for that purpose.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.

You are right, the sticking point is the fact that the results aren't marrying up. I need User 1 to be able to pass the quiz and for it to recognise that case study 3 doesn't apply to User 1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.

I had ticked 'Branch aware' but it doesn't seem to be doing anything.

I had created a slide after case study 2 with buttons dependent upon the User Group, with one jumping to quiz results and the second continuing to 3rd case study, but this wasn't appearing as a branch when I opened 'Branching View'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are confusing two totally different things. Branching view has not be refurbished since a while, and it only shows all slides and simple branching, not branching based on advanced actions.

Branch aware is a Quiz setting which makes quizzing system variables dynamic. Only the quiz slides visited by the learner will be taken into account for the calculation of the maximum score and the percentage. I have a blog about an example use case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to know, thanks.

So do I need to set up these variables somehow for the quiz questions? The Quiz results currently aren't calculating the maximum score/percentage (showing 'NaN') - what do I need to do for it to register?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources