• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Quiz Importing captions failure

Apr 10, 2018 Apr 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm having trouble importing the captions into my quizzes. 

I have no problems exporting them, but once I make the translation changes and import it back into Captivate, from Word, Captivate reads "0 items have been imported" 

Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That work flow has always been tricky in any version of Captivate. Have you been able ever to get it to work with your present version of Word and Captivate? They have to be compatible. Sometimes you have to insist, try another time, try while Word is closed. You have to avoid renaming the Word file and/or the Captivate file in between Export and Import.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for responding, I really do appreciate it!

Yes, I was able to do it previously, but using an older version of Word (2011). I am currently using the latest Word 2016...  please don't tell me that could be the culprit 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of Captivate?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Captivate 9

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

9.0.2.437?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please upgrade, maybe that could solve your issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2019 Oct 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same problem, been trying to import a .doc caption file for over two days.  Started anew, restarted, re exported, retrieed, re opened, etc.  Driving me $%^&ing crazy.  Captivate 2017, on Mac.  Other projects and files have worked just fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources