• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Quiz question requires double click to select answer

New Here ,
Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some, not all, question slides require double-clicking to select an answer when viewed in SCORM cloud. When landing on the screen, the entire screen is hot, or clickable, and the hand icon displays wherever you move the cursor. So the user selects their answer, but it's not registered. They then have to click again, and then the answer IS registered. Why is the entire screen clickable upon entering the question slide? Why must they click twice to select an answer? Also, this happens randomly and not all questions. Some question slides behave properly, but some (of the same question type) don't. The desired result is a single click to select an answer.  I've replaced all question slides and changed obvious settings and no change. I am using version 2019 11.5.1.499. Thanks for your help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you show a screenshot of one of these problem question slides?

Have you removed any of the default question slide objects?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your prompt reply! I checked about the default objects (I'd read that in one of your other posts) and rebuilt the slides but that didn't solve the problem. I've also tried different browsers and different computers. It acts as though there is a giant click box around the entire screen that has to be clicked first before the question can be answered. In some instances, this also results in an auto-advance to the next slide. This seems to happen randomly so I can't get a consistent result. I can tell it won't work when the cursor is a hand regardless of where it is on the screen, including over non-clickable objects. I can't do a screen grab that includes the cursor so here's a photo of what happens on the first click - the answer is not registered. You then have to click again to answer the question. Is there anything in particular you want to see?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please, you are NOT using the most recent version. Update ASAP to 11.5.5.553.

As Rod asks, you need to clarify which editing you have done for the quiz slides. Deleting embedded obects can mess up their functionality. Double click means mostly that you have two pausing points, advanced actions with some logical problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, I will see if my organization can do a prompt upgrade. I thought I may have deleted embedded objects so I rebuilt all the question slides with no result. I've looked at the advanced actions but haven't seen anything, but will check again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Post a screenshot of the advanced action and of the Timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's an example of one that isn't working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And it's NOT a "knowledge check" type of slide as indicated on the screen; I just call them that but it's a regular question slide. Not sure if that makes a difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please do not attach images, but INSERT them. Attachments need to be downloaded, opened in an application, viewed, then deleted again. An inserted image can be viewed directly in the forum.

but 

I cannot detect directly if you deleted embedded objects (image is rather small). However, start by dragging the pausing point closer till the end of the slide. Due to the slide audio you have a rather long intactive part, and the two actions are both set to Continue. That means that the learner has to wait until all the frames have been visited before getting to the next slide. That pausing poin doesn't affect the slide audio, which will play while the playhead remains paused at 1.5secs during the two-step Submit process.

The second step of the Submit process has something that behaves like a click box all over the slide (not visible in the timeline, also embedded)/ That is not the case when entering a question slide.

Check the master slide; has anything been added to that master slide?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My apologies; I see the insert option now. I moved the pause point to the end of the timeline and checked the master slide again but can't find a culprit. I inserted 3 slides: The 1st shows the question title selected, the 2nd shows the question text selected, the 3rd shows the question master slide - yes, with added graphics (a jpeg image for the yellow/blue swoosh and a blue filled rectangle shape to extend the blue part of the swoosh to the bottom of the screen). I thought the added graphics could be a problem but can't figure out how. It is acting exactly as you described for the second step in the submit process, as if the question has already been answered: The whole screen is clickable, and clicking anywhere advances to the next slide. Should I change the Continue actions? screen1a.JPGscreen1b.JPGscreen1c.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Graphics normally cannot mess up the question slide, nor its master slides. They will be behind the embedded objects. There is a group on the master slide which is not expanded. What is in that group?

An alternative for moving the pausing point would be to replace Continue by Go to Next slide. But I don't think that will help, when I see the description of your problem since it appears from the start. Can you check for each of the graphics if there is one activated as button? I cannot see that on the timeline because of a UI bug: images used as buttons do not have a green timeline as they should because they are interactive. And they can be a button on a question slide.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The group is the horizontal row of different-colored blue boxes forming a banner across the top. It's where I put header info on individual slides. Do groups mess it up?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I looked at all the graphics but "Use as Button" is not checked for any of them (see first 3 attachments). Is there another place that would appear? I had also tried setting "On Success" to "Go to Next Slide," but as you note, the issue appears from the start. The "On Enter" action for the slide is set to "Continue" (last attachment) -- is that the problem? screen1d.JPGscreen1e.JPGscreen1f.JPGscreen1g.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am out of ideas. Groups are not a problem. The On Enter action for a Question slide is set to Continue by Default. Last chance: check in previous slides if you have anything set to display for the rest of the project? If that is a button...? The On Exit action of a question slide cannot be used.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much for trying. I looked for "rest of project" buttons but can't find any. I was supposed to deliver these courses this week. Never had this problem before, which is why I didn't check SCORM cloud earlier. Don't know how I'm going to tell the client I spent all this money and there is no solution. They had originally wanted a powerpoint course but I talked them into Captivate because (this is almost funny now) of its questioning ability -- which isn't working. Haven't been able to sleep because of this - I'm toast. Let me know if there is some other resource to try. Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have  a lot of experience with Quizzes in Captivate (look at my blog, over 39 Quiz use cases). Most of my consultancy jobs were linked to Quiz issues or tweaks. I may have missed something but offered you all possibilities I could think of. Since I am just a user, spending at least 1-2 hours daily (for free) answering questions, I decided not to accept to debug files for free. I am sorry, maybe it is something really simple, maybe it is corruption of your file. My inspiration si finished.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you again for all your help, I really appreciate it! I'm just venting as I have no idea how to save face (or budget) at this point. I decided to rebuild all the questions from scratch in a brand new file and noticed something interesting (maybe). The new file starts with a title page that is followed by 6 questions of various types, and then an ending content page. The same problem happens, but there's a pattern: Question slides 1, 3, and 5 work fine, but question slides 2, 4, and 6 do no. I suppose that could be a coincidence, but it seems like there's a clue in there somewhere. Maybe my version of the program is corrupt? Still trying to get my IT dept to get me the update. If that doesn't solve the problem, I don't know what to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is indeed very frustrating, understand your venting.

You see a pattern now? Is it linked to the questions or to the sequence? Can you change the sequence of the question slides to check that?

If you suspect corruption of Captivate, try to Clean the Preferences and keep the cache from growing too big. More in this blog:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/tips-for-troubleshooting

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources