Participant ,
Jun 12, 2018 Jun 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Captivate 9 updated.

SCORM/html5 in moodle.

Non-responsive

All multiple choice questions.

I've made many quizzes in the past, and they have always worked for out of the box with little adjustments needed. However this new course is not allowing a student to submit questions on a second attempt. WE do not need to limit our learners with attempts. Why (what setting would cause it) would revisiting quiz question not allow another answer to be selected and the submit button unresponsive? I have a feeling this is going to be an easy change, but I just don't see it. Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I understand correctly, you expected the learner to have a second attempt after leaving the quiz slide, and coming back? That has NEVER been possible and I am using Captivate since version 1. You have two levels of attempts:

1. Question level attempts, set in Quiz Properties. Attempts are exhausted when the questio is answered correctly or when the learner leaves the question slide. It is not a good idea to give free navigation in question slides, because a question slide that is revisited will have the answers locked in. Only exception: if the 'Submit All' feature is checked in Quiz Preferences.
  2. Quiz level: attempts are set up in Quiz Preferences. A new attempt can e started when clicking the Retake button on the Score slide. All answers will be reset in that case and the learner can re-answer all questions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"If I understand correctly, you expected the learner to have a second attempt after leaving the quiz slide, and coming back? "

Yes. Since you've yelled NEVER, I will say yes it has. I just left a project of developing courses for months. Something I did in that project allowed the learners to have 2nd attempts. The quizzes were set to have 3 QUIZ attempts, and no limit on the question level. When the user failed attempt 1 or 2, they had the option to go back to slide one or retake the quiz. Either way, they had additional question attempts, even if they passed and started over. The only difference I am trying to incorporate is not have a limit on quiz attempts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you perhaps use Knowledge Check slides, which were a new feature in CP9? I don't think so, because they are always reset when leaving the slide, and there are no multiple attempts on quiz level possible.

The only other way, as I stated, to be able to revisit a slide and answer a question is in the setting with 'Submit All', which existed already before CP8. 

You may have tweaked with advanced actions, but out of the box when a question slide is left, the answers are always blocked. They are only released on a new attempt on quiz level.

If the quiz has been passed, further attempts on Quiz level are considered exhausted as well. You mention that it was possible to retake the quiz anyway? That meant leaving the course, checking 'Never Send Resume Date' and each new relaunch of the course will start with a brandnew course.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 13, 2018 Jun 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to achieve what I needed by making the following changes (perhaps not all of these changes made me an achiever, but I'll list them). I may have explained my goal wrong, but with these changes I was able to retake the quiz questions.

• Applied "Required: The user must take the quiz to continue"
  • Turned off back and skip
  • Applied "Allow backward movement"
  • On quiz setting: On success: Next slide (was continue, so it shouldnt matter
  • On quiz setting: No of attempts: 3

Now a learner has multiple attempts and can retake the quiz.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Retake when leaving the quiz slide and returning to it? Still not sure if you are talking about attempts on quiz level or on question level, which was the original problem.  Time to give up... there is some misunderstanding. 

Tuning on Backward movement but taking out Back button is bit contradictory, maybe also a misunderstanding

Required setting may cause problems for learners, look at answers by Rod Ward, maybe you'll believe him.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's ok if you give up. I've achieved my goal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Crossing my fingers that it is indeed the case.  Just lost a lot of time explaining what I have been blogging in many blog posts, appreciated by tons of readers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've looked at a few of your blogs. They were helpful. If I ask a question on your blog, will the same pool of users as the adobe forum see my question that might have an answer and be able to respond ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources