Highlighted

Quiz remediation

New Here ,
Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I managed to make a button in the slide before the first quiz that appears only if you fail the quiz when it takes you back to the slide, but I can't make the same thing happen for the rest of the slides, I used the same advanced action, but the button is always on, and it doesn't switch to the quiz unless I press it, I want it to do the same thing as the first slide, is it possible that captivate doesn't let you do that? or is there another way to do that?
Thanks in advance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Quiz remediation

New Here ,
Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I managed to make a button in the slide before the first quiz that appears only if you fail the quiz when it takes you back to the slide, but I can't make the same thing happen for the rest of the slides, I used the same advanced action, but the button is always on, and it doesn't switch to the quiz unless I press it, I want it to do the same thing as the first slide, is it possible that captivate doesn't let you do that? or is there another way to do that?
Thanks in advance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 02, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't fully understand your workflow? Do you really want remediation as it has been built in Captivate? That means that you the user, when failing a question, is navigated to a content slide? After viewing that content slide he will be returned to the question to have a new attempt?

It doesn't seem to be your setup. Can you explain exactly what you want? Is it linked to failing a quiz or a question attempt? Can you insert a screenshot of the advanced action? Which event is triggering that action: On Enter slide event?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 02, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Basically, I got a content slide with a video, right after that slide there's a quiz related to the slide, if the user fails the quiz it takes him/her back to the slide, after the video in the slide has ended I want the button to appear, and when you press it, it takes you back to the resetted quiz, I managed to do that with an advance action, using cpInQuizScope, but it works only on the first slide, while for the rest of the slides and quizzes it doesn't hide the button, I just wanna make the advanced action work the same on every slide

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 02, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot_1.pngScreenshot_2.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 02, 2020 0
Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you understand that variable? Once the quiz is started you remain in the Quiz Scope, how can the button ever been hidden? 

Why not use the built-in navigation feature? The next button on the Video slide needs to trigger the command 'Return to Quiz'.  That will give the button a double functionality:

1. If the slide is visited from the previous slide, it will act as a Next button
  2. If it is visited from a quiz slide, it will return to the quiz slide

For the Failure action of the quiz slide choose to Jump to the video slide.

More info about Quizzing system variables:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/archive?query=quizzin

You don't seem to know the Preview button in the Advanced Actions dialog box. Full description in:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/advanced-actions-dialog-box-in-captivate-2017

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 02, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have a next button on my video slide, how do I make it appear? I'm pretty new to captivate, sorry

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 02, 2020 0
Lilybiri LATEST
Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oops... you use advanced actions but missing basic knowledge of Captivate. Bit weird.

You need to insert a button. Captivate has 6 types of buttons if you are working in the most recent version which is 11.5. Have explained them all in detail in this blog post:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/overvew-6-button-types

If you insert a button from the Button option under Interactions it will be a so-called Text button (not the best choice) but you can start with it. Edit the label in its Properties. Beware: a button has by default a pausing point (will not continue to add blog links, but you need to learn about the Timeline) at 1.5 seconds and it will be inserted on the first frame with a default duration of 3secs. I suppose you didn't edit any of the default settings. You will need to move the button timeline to start near the end of the video if you want it to appear only when the video is almost over. You may need to edit the pausing point or duration of the button.

In the Actions tab of the Properties panel, change the default action 'Go to Next Slide' to 'Return to Quiz'. I explained in my first answer how it will behave.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 02, 2020 0