Highlighted

Quiz results not reporting back to LMS (for some users)

New Here ,
Feb 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We use a third party vendor who has built our SCORM 1.2 package using captivate with some basic requirements we had like, user cannot progress to next slide in the SCORM content until the voice-over on the slide has completed (the next button is greyed out), and we have a quiz with a 1 minute timer per question (the next button to take the user to the next question is hidden until timer expires). By right, the content + questions take 55mins to complete.

Our LMS sometimes shows users completed the scorm content in as little as 13mins, though this only happens to a subset of users. Not everyone faces this. And sometimes the learners have completed, but the LMS backend still shows as in-progress. We usually help relaunch and close, and that seems to pass the score, timespent and completion to the LMS. I was wondering if I could get a link to the troubleshooting ebook or guide. Or any suggestions from you? We've done a one-off test in SCORMCloud and it works fine over there. 

Best,

Jugal 

TOPICS
Advanced actions, Quizzing and LMS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Quiz results not reporting back to LMS (for some users)

New Here ,
Feb 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We use a third party vendor who has built our SCORM 1.2 package using captivate with some basic requirements we had like, user cannot progress to next slide in the SCORM content until the voice-over on the slide has completed (the next button is greyed out), and we have a quiz with a 1 minute timer per question (the next button to take the user to the next question is hidden until timer expires). By right, the content + questions take 55mins to complete.

Our LMS sometimes shows users completed the scorm content in as little as 13mins, though this only happens to a subset of users. Not everyone faces this. And sometimes the learners have completed, but the LMS backend still shows as in-progress. We usually help relaunch and close, and that seems to pass the score, timespent and completion to the LMS. I was wondering if I could get a link to the troubleshooting ebook or guide. Or any suggestions from you? We've done a one-off test in SCORMCloud and it works fine over there. 

Best,

Jugal 

TOPICS
Advanced actions, Quizzing and LMS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Feb 20, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Feb 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it works fine in SCORM Cloud, the problem has to be found in the LMS, and in that case this Captivate forum is not the right location to help you.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 21, 2020 0
RodWard LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with Lilybiri.  If SCORM Cloud doesn't show the problem with the same SCORM package, then the issue must be with your LMS.

You might want to check whether or not users are still able to click on the quiz question slide or just hit Y on the keyboard to advance to the next question after they submit.  You may find that just having a timer widget positioned on each quiz slide so that it triggers the appearance of the Next button is not going to be enough to stop the learner.  Have you tried the course module yourself and confirmed that there is no way to move from slide to slide quicker than waiting for the timer to show the Next button?  As far as I know, with a typical Captivate quiz slide, they don't really need the Next button to move forward after answering the question and seeing their feedback.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 22, 2020 0