Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Quiz slide not working

Explorer ,
Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I tried adding a Quiz slide (multiple choice question) to my project, but when I preview the project (HTML5 in browser) the slide does not show, is just skips to the next slide. I tried publishing and viewing the content, but again the quiz slide doesn't show.

I then tried the "Preview from this Slide", which then shows the Flash preview window and the quiz page was visible, but nothing else worked properly as it relies on Javascript in the HTML5 project.

Are quizzes compatible with HTML5 projects, if so what am I missing in the setup to allow the Quiz slide to be displayed?

TOPICS
Quizzing and LMS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 27, 2020 Aug 27, 2020

You cannot delete the score slide, can be hidden but it remains very important that you get past the score slide for transmission of the score to the LMS. Be careful to have at least one slide after the hidden score slide, which needs to be visited. Here is an example of a use case (one of the many I have in the Quiz Resources list) showing the importance of the results slide;

http://blog.lilybiri.com/secret-of-hidden-score-slide

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Question slides work perfectly for HTML5 output. Which theme did you use? Did you delete any embedded object? Explanation of embedded objects can be found in this blog;

https://elearning.adobe.com/2019/02/captivates-quizzes-2-submit-process/

How did you set up the quiz slide? It is based on the dedicated quizzing master slide, did you edit that slide?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

That link reference seems invalid, no blog page there!

I just did an Add Slide and selected Question Slide. It then added a simple 2 answer question slide, and a results slide, picked from the master slide template.

I just adjust the properties, and updated the text fields as appropriate. I did not delete anything.

My project is just based on a new "Blank" project. I have added new Title slides to the master slide view, customised to my needs, but at this point the quiz slides are just taken from the standard master slide template.

[EDIT]: I'm not sure what I did, but it seems to be working now, thank you. Sorry for the trouble!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 27, 2020 Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The link works perfectly but you probalby were not logged in the eLearning community yet, which is strange since you can reach that community from within Captivate. Please read or watch some tutorials about Quizzing. I have a long list included in this post:

https://elearning.adobe.com/2019/11/quiz-resources/

It is also in the Community, do not forget to log in.

BTW: same recommendation for Themes. There is a 'Blank' theme but I don't think you did use that theme, you probably used the default Pearl theme. What you mention is a Project TYPE: a blank project is a non-responsive project. More reading to be found in:

https://elearning.adobe.com/2019/11/theme-resources/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was logged into the adobe Community forums. I think there was a temporary outage on the site elearning site, all links work now, thank you.

Yes, the blank project (non-responsive) is using the Pearl theme.

Thanks for your time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a quick question...

Does the Quiz Results page need to be displayed in order to report the results back to an LMS, or can that slide be "hidden" or an "Exit" button be used on an earlier slide so the user doesn't see the results page?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You cannot delete the score slide, can be hidden but it remains very important that you get past the score slide for transmission of the score to the LMS. Be careful to have at least one slide after the hidden score slide, which needs to be visited. Here is an example of a use case (one of the many I have in the Quiz Resources list) showing the importance of the results slide;

http://blog.lilybiri.com/secret-of-hidden-score-slide

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Many thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources