Exit

Quiz slide preventing AA?

Contributor ,
Jul 09, 2018 Jul 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again,

I have an issue in a module.

To enable people to view a help screen pop up there is an question mark icon. Once clicked it executes the AA below.

It shows a. the pop up with the explanation (= help window) and b. an invisible smart shape that is placed above the red X in the pop up. So users can click on either the icon or that X to execute the same AA in order to close the help pop us.

So far so good.

But in the quiz slides toggling the pop up using the Icon works. But when the pop up is shown after clicking on the question mark icon using the invisible box to close via the X doesn´t work anymore.

Any idea how to circumvent this?

Thanks a lot!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All embedded objects on quiz slides, those without an individual timeline, have absolute prority in the stack. Where is that X 'button' or is it a hyperlink?

Can you show a screenshot of the stage with the popup open on a quiz slide? Maybe one of the embedded objects is covering your X button. I suspect you have been reading my blog (from the way you label the variables ).  I just posted a blog in the portal, did you try using a multistate object instead of a Show/Hide workflow?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Lieve,

thank you for your time!

So you mean I should add the invisible toggle box in a multistate version of the help window itself?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or use an empty box (opacity 100) as state 1 of the help window and the visible one as state 2 to toggle?

How do I get the X to work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was pointing to the state approach only as an alternative, not sure it will solve the problem which is linked to the fact that you have a popup over a quiz slide. How is that X button (don't understand your explanation about a shape over X) functioning? Is it a hyperlink like in this blog post: http://blog.lilybiri.com/more-is-in-a-dot-dot-dot-hyperlink-close-button ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I solved it by simply putting another copy of the invisible clickbox in the first Quizslide (rest of project and always on top) that trigger the AA.

Then it also closes the window. It is not elegant but it works...

Thank you once again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry but that is an awful solution that can cause you problems as well.  OK, if it works for you.... but I would have preferred a fool proof solution, still don't know how the X worked.

There is no system variable as you ask. You can only mimick that behavior with a user variable stored in Local Storage. But that implements the learner has to use the same system again.

That is a very strange LMS, not honoring Resume.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree but it is Cornerstone on Demand which is one of the market leaders it appears...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Very weird, could also been set up wrongly...

On Mon, Jul 9, 2018, 12:19 nikolausm82011740 <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One unrelated question...I know you hate that sorry!

Talking about variables, is there one that checks whether the module has been opened/accessed before?

Reason is that the Resume function doesn´t work in this particular LMS so I want to build a custom window that both has a button that does nothing other than continue (as the LMS does by itself jump to the last slide) and one button that jumps to slide 1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources