• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Quiz Slide Weirdness - MC Boxes Edge Cut Off

New Here ,
Jun 18, 2018 Jun 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - Does anyone know what would be causing my quiz slide MC boxes to be cut off on the right edge? It doesn't happen in knowledge check. See pic below.

Captivate 2017, not responsive design, published in html5

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you install the patch to 10.0.1.285?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lilybiri,

I installed the patch and it actually created additional problems with drag and drop, it no longer launches automatically in the browser and it didn't resolve the problem.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There was a problem with cutting off answer areas in the first version of CP2017. The AutoPlay turned off has been documented a lot in the forums, something not totally due to Captivate but to handle the browser's decisions to prevent AutoPlay. Maybe not all browsers at this moment.

As for D&D: can you expand on the problems, I didn't see any issues personally, nor on this forum.

Back to your issue: both the KC slides and the normal quiz slides use the same quizzing master slides, which makes this a very unique problem (never did see it before).  Did you edit the quizzing master slides? What is different between the KC slides and the Quiz slides in your set up: check if you kept to the Default Quiz styles, check the width of the answer area (can be done in the master slide) and of the individual answer shapes as well? Are they as wide as possible? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For D&D - if I single click on the item, it hides it - meaning I can still see the object, but it's not accessible/able to be dragged. I have to click the submit button to refresh all.

I haven't edited the Master and I'm using the defaults. The strange thing is that the KC slide with the small answer box works. The Quiz slide with the large answer doesn't.

Any other thoughts or ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You mean that the answers in the quiz slides are much longer than those in the KC slides. That is a significant difference. You have to increase the size (height especially) of the individual answer boxes. That is not possible in the quizzing master slides, which is too bad.  I explained the workflow for Fluid boxes in a blog post (will switch to the Jive forum to add the link, here it would have to be approved).

Here is the link:

Tips for 'Fluid' Quiz Slides - Captivate blog

I double-checked a D&D slide in this version, cannot reproduce the situation you describe. Please: did you clean the Preferences when installing the patch? To do that, close Captivate, look for the subfolder 'utils' in the installation folder and run the CleanPreferences... file appropriate for your OS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2018 Jun 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Lilybiri - sorry for the long delay. I was at a conference. I was able to finally fix the problem by recreating the quiz slide. Sadly, I never figured out what the issue was, but it's resolved.

As always, thanks for your suggestions and time!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources