• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Quiz Submit button shortcut doesn't take

Explorer ,
May 18, 2016 May 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Captivate 9.0.1.320. When I select the Submit button and click the "Shortcut:" radio button, I set it as the Enter key. But when I click off the slide and come back, the shortcut change I made is no longer there. It's like it won't take any shortcut key on a Submit button. Anyone else run into this? It's happening on all question types. I even tried setting a shortcut in the Slide Master for a matching question - still doesn't work.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you test it? It seems to disappear but Enter will work... at least it does for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does seem to work - that's nuts!  How do I know if I've set it or not?

BUG!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure... log a bug report. New bug, was OK in CP8 where I just checked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2018 Oct 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Looks like the bug was never addressed, as it persists in the most-current version of Captivate.

When editing the [Submit] button in an MCQ,T/F, FIB, Sequence slide (either using the built-in Master or user-modified Master), I click the radio button in the Properties > Shortcut area next to the open field. I click the Enter key on the keyboard, and "Enter" appears in the field. If I test the slide using Preview, clicking the Enter key does duplicate the expected action of the Submit button, submitting the user response for evaluation. If I return to the Properties > Shortcut area for the Submit button, the radio button next to the open filed is DE-selected and the radio button next to "None" is selected.

Additionally, if I attempt to use the "Enter" key to submit the user's response on slide 1, clicking the Enter key to submit a response on slide 2 produces no response from Captivate. It is as if Captivate allows you to use the Enter key once and once only.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources