Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Quizz Attempts Not Tracking By LMS

New Here ,
Feb 21, 2019 Feb 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone!

I'm having this issue publishing with captivate 2009, the course final slide display correctly the two attempts, and inside the course everything seems to work right, i've tested it in scorm cloud and cornerstone already but even here the total attempts reflect only 1, when it should be 2.

Here's a set of screen shots displaying my course settings:

00_Reporting.png

02_Manifest.png

03_LMS_Advanced_Settings.png04_Quizz_Settings.png

05_Pass_Fail.png

06_Scorm_Cloud.png

07_Cornerstone_Tracking.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 21, 2019 Feb 21, 2019

This is something of a Catch-22 situation.  You cannot have it both ways.

If you want the LMS to register every attempt on the Captivate quiz, then set the number of allowed Quiz Attempts in the Captivate CPTX Quiz > Settings to allow only ONE attempt.

That way, if the learner is only allowed one attempt at a time, then they will need to relaunch the Captivate module from the LMS to try the quiz again.  Then your LMS will register the second attempt (because it is a second launch).

However, when y

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version please? There is Captivate 9  or Captivate 11 also indicated as CP2019?

Do you have an extra slide after the score slide or is the score slide the last slide?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Lilybiri

The version is 11.0.0.243.

There is no extra slides in the course, here a screen shot of the last one:

Captura de pantalla 2019-02-21 a la(s) 9.59.27.png

"Intentos" means attempts, this score displays correctly, but has no effect on the lms.

Hope this helps you understanding better this issue.

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please update to 11.0.1.266.

On Thu, 21 Feb 2019, 19:07 albertom66845558, <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lilybird:

I Just update to captivate 11.0,1,266, restart my computer, re-publish with the exact same settings and makes no difference at all. In Scorm cloud is not registering the second attempt. Heres some screen captures. Everything else works just fine.

Captura de pantalla 2019-02-21 a la(s) 14.55.00.png

Captura de pantalla 2019-02-21 a la(s) 14.54.27.png

Any suggestions or advice to solve this?

Thanks a lot for your cooperation.

Alberto

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you read Rod's comment? He explains better than I could what the differences are between 'Attempts' on the LMS and the content of the quizzing system variable cpInfoAttempts which appears on the Captivate score slide.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the 'issue' here may be that your are misunderstanding how the LMS views 'attempts' (intentos) vs how the Captivate Quiz Results slide views them. 

The LMS is counting the number of times you have LAUNCHED the module to make an attempt at completing it successfully.  The Captivate Quiz Results file is counting the number of times you attempt the quiz IN THAT USER SESSION (before you close down the module).

That's why there appears to be a discrepancy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Rod Ward:

Thanks for your participation, i'm not sure to understand what you said, but if you are right, i still need to reflect that kind of attempt in LMS, i try this: during the course i quit it several times before the quizz, and still no difference registered. So i change my question, is there's a way to reflect a second attempt in the LMS? If so, how can i achieve that?

Thanks a lot again for your feedback.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is something of a Catch-22 situation.  You cannot have it both ways.

If you want the LMS to register every attempt on the Captivate quiz, then set the number of allowed Quiz Attempts in the Captivate CPTX Quiz > Settings to allow only ONE attempt.

That way, if the learner is only allowed one attempt at a time, then they will need to relaunch the Captivate module from the LMS to try the quiz again.  Then your LMS will register the second attempt (because it is a second launch).

However, when your learner gets to the Quiz Results slide in the second time they have launched the module it will only show ONE attempt because they have only attempted the quiz ONCE in that launch.

It boils down to the same thing I said before.  The Quiz Results slide is looking at something different to the LMS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2019 Feb 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear RobWard:

I've analizing for long time what you said, and finally came to the conclusion that you were rigth after all. it is really a missunderstanding about the kinds of attempts being reported by the course and the attempts regitered in LMS. So everything seems to be working perfectly and now i can close this case.

Thanks a lot both of you for all your kind answers. Hope this case help other peoples understand better the concept of "Attempt"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 22, 2019 Feb 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources