Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Go to next slide" button don't work

New Here ,
Feb 27, 2019 Feb 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

in addition to this question: Multiple text input boxes, one submit button!

I now have the problem that the "Go to next slide" button, which is defined at the masterslide, don't work. If i click it, nothing will happen.

Any ideas what the problem might be?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it is a shape button on the master slide, it will be pausing the slide at its last frame. Where are the pausing points of the TEB's and all the buttons you added?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes indeed, it is a shape button. The TEB's and all other items are pausing at 1.5s.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check where you are stuck on the slide by inserting the system variable 'cpInfoCurrentFrame'' in a text container on the slide.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok i've tried it. I'm stuck at 136. What does it tells me now? Sorry for the dump questions, but never had this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 28, 2019 Feb 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Captivate runs at 30 FPS (frames per second).  Calculate where it is stuck on the timeline.

Have a look at:

Micro-navigation (introduction) - Captivate blog

You have used lot of JS now, it must be something in those scripts which is crippling the slide, preventing it from releasing the playhead..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another thing that i noticed is that the slide which i have this problem don't have a timeline in the thml 5 output player. Don't know why this happend.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

??? Do not understand. There is no HTML player, HTML output is distributed the same way as a website. Maybe you are talking about the playbar? Playbar is for the whole project, never per slide. Timeline is an important element in the editing environment, but is never appearing in the output.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, yes i talk about the playbar. I know that it is for the whole project, but i can't see it under this slides, all other slides display it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Must be linked to that JS as well. Sorry, popped out of that other thread because you preferred to use scripts. I didn't follow up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tested a few thinks now. When i deleted all the 12 Buttons and all 12 TEB and let everything else untouched it works. The playbar will show again and the "to next slide" buttons also works. Is it possible that Captivate can't handle that much items on one slide?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But as far as i insert a new button same thing happens again, no playbar, no functioning button. I also deleted the advanced functions but it changed nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try Show Playbar with the On Enter event of the slide.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That works, playbar is displayed than, but the button is still not working

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the slide where the playbar doesn't appear happen to be a Quiz Question slide?  If so, it could be that the playbar is not appearing because you have the option set to Hide Playbar in Quiz.  Look in the Project > Skin Editor > Playbar settings.

I would also make sure your version of Captivate is running the very latest patches.  This may be a bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Man that was simple thank you, playbar is working now. But the problem with the buttons still appears!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There may be another setting that is blocking the action of the buttons.

Quiz settings may have Backward Movement disabled, or you may have the Quiz > Required option set to force all quiz questions be answered, or answered correctly before they can move to a different slide.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks so much guys. It works now, don't know how i did it but it works!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources