Highlighted

"return to quiz" returns to the same question (only in incorrect answers)

Explorer ,
Sep 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I've created two seperate slides (one for the correct, the other for the wrong answer) and put them at the beginning of the quiz, right after the first slide. They are named correct and wrong slides. And there is a click box on both of them to return to the quiz. And the first slide jumps to the fourth slide which is the first question. Now when I answer the question correctly, it as expected jumps to the correct slide and when I click on the click box returns to the second question. No problem here. But when I answer the question incorrectly, it returns to the same question. I had used this technique before and never had a problem like this. I've checked everything and I can't see anything that I could've missed.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

"return to quiz" returns to the same question (only in incorrect answers)

Explorer ,
Sep 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I've created two seperate slides (one for the correct, the other for the wrong answer) and put them at the beginning of the quiz, right after the first slide. They are named correct and wrong slides. And there is a click box on both of them to return to the quiz. And the first slide jumps to the fourth slide which is the first question. Now when I answer the question correctly, it as expected jumps to the correct slide and when I click on the click box returns to the second question. No problem here. But when I answer the question incorrectly, it returns to the same question. I had used this technique before and never had a problem like this. I've checked everything and I can't see anything that I could've missed.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 22, 2018 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Sep 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IIf you are using the command 'Return to Quiz', that is part of the feature 'Remediation'. It is normally used for a Next button on a content slide. If that content slide is visited from another content slide, it will act as Nect button. But if the previous slide was a quiz slide, the learner will be navigated back to the Quiz slide.

Id it is not that command, you'll have to check the Quiz Preferences: do you alloow Backard navigation? What is the option for the field 'Required'?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 22, 2018 0
Pjowens LATEST
Explorer ,
Sep 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there,

When you do direct your users to other slides after answering a question (user click Submit with an answer selected), Captivate will act in the capacity that you are experiencing during a live quiz for sure.

Here is a simple method to get you back on track where your users will be able to go to the next quiz question after view your correct/wrong slides:

On your correct/wrong slides, change the action on the button you are currently using the "Return to Quiz" option...to use an Advance Action instead that has the following setup:

2018-09-23_18-18-13.png

NOTE: The two variables used above are built in CP vars.

If I understand what you have written about the current structure of your project.....is that its flow is basically something like:

[Some kind of slide with a button or something that jumps the user to Quiz Question Slide 1]

wrong slide with button to go back to next quiz question after viewing]

[correct slide with button to go back to next quiz question after viewing]

[Quiz Question Slide 1: if questions is correct jump users to correct slide, if question is wrong jump users to wrong slide]

[Quiz Question Slide 2: if questions is correct jump users to correct slide, if question is wrong jump users to wrong slide]

[Quiz Question Slide 3: if questions is correct jump users to correct slide, if question is wrong jump users to wrong slide]

etc.

[Results slide]

etc.

This idea will work smoothly if all of our quiz questions are together one after another - which is what I'm hearing you say in your post.

Of course, this idea can be adjusted in a myriad of ways to meet your needs...but I've just shared a solution based exactly on what you have presented to everyone thus far.

Hope this message finds you and your family doing well,

Paul

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 23, 2018 0