Highlighted

"Whats the value of Adobe Presenter compared to Keynote or Powerpoint?"

Explorer ,
Jul 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[Moderator moved from The Lounge to Adobe Presenter.]

Possibly a silly question. My older MacPro has become obsolete according to Apple. I'm running into significant limits of newer software not able to run on my Mac's OS (10.11.6) El Capitan. UG!

Was just wondering whether Adobe Presenter is a legitimate alternative to having to purchase a new computer to run a new presentation I'm developing.

Chuckle if you need to..thanks in advance for your experienced responses!

Topics

Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

"Whats the value of Adobe Presenter compared to Keynote or Powerpoint?"

Explorer ,
Jul 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[Moderator moved from The Lounge to Adobe Presenter.]

Possibly a silly question. My older MacPro has become obsolete according to Apple. I'm running into significant limits of newer software not able to run on my Mac's OS (10.11.6) El Capitan. UG!

Was just wondering whether Adobe Presenter is a legitimate alternative to having to purchase a new computer to run a new presentation I'm developing.

Chuckle if you need to..thanks in advance for your experienced responses!

Topics

Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No chuckles here, a very legitimate question.

Adobe Presenter is a plug-in for PPT on Windows platforms. Since you are not on Windows, I won't go much deeper into that.

Adobe Presenter Video Express (too long of a name, I know) is part of Presenter on Windows platforms but is the stand alone application available for Mac computers. APVE is a tool that lets you record your screen, webcam, and audio and then edit them together to create a pretty well polished video. There is the ability to insert some quiz functionality and other videos, if desired. The tech spec page for APVE, System requirements for Presenter Video Express , does show that it supports OSX 10.10 and newer, so you would probably be ok. Since you can start with a free 30 day trial, I'd say try it and see if it meets your needs. If it does, then it may be worth purchasing, if not, well you didn't spend any money on it.

You should be able to get the installer for the trial from the product page, Adobe Presenter Video Express (2017 release)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My apologies for my SLOW response to your informative and detailed answer! Many thanks...I'll check APVE out. My best wishes to you/yours!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines