Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Random images not showing in preview/publish

Jun 18, 2019 Jun 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this a bug?  I've done a few projects now with Presenter, and I've had this happen twice.  An image will be fine in the PowerPoint slide, look fine while syncing audio with Presenter.  But then once I run a Preview of the slide (or project), a random image will just now show up.  Just blank in that spot.  All other images in it all other slides are fine.  Both images are .jpg files.  They are clip art that we've used before, from our normal clip art library.  One of them is used again in another spot in the same presentation, and is fine!  I tried moving the image to the front.  Nope.  There is no other layers or objects animating over it or anything.  Plays fine when just running the normal PPt slide show.  The only solution is to re-download and re-insert the same exact image.  Works then.  But then I have to re-do the timing, etc.  Strange.  Anyone encounter this?

TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 18, 2019 Jun 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My two tricks when this happens (in this preferred order):

• Right click on the image and do Save As Image. Then delete the original image and insert the saved version.

or
  • Save the presentation as a PPT file instead of a PPTX and see if that works. (You won't have a preview option).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jun 19, 2019 Jun 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, putting the image back in works.  I already did that.  But then you also have to re-do the timing, and any animation.  It's a pain.

Any idea why it happens? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 20, 2019 Jun 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nope, no idea. It's been an issue that shows up sometimes since Presenter 6 or 7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources