• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Random Question not pointing

Explorer ,
Jul 02, 2018 Jul 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I have a responsive project that has a quiz with 7 questions (each 10 points), so total is 70.

I have tested more than 50 times, and the total quiz points always result less 10 points, than it should be. So, I answered all correct , and the result is 60. (should be 70). I have inserted the variable "$$cpQuizInfoPointsscored$$"  to show the rest of project, so I can see each questions pointing while I answer.

What I could see is: Always a random question doesnt point, unless I come back using the playbar and answer again. Could it be something related to animations?

Can anyone help me? I've already checked the Advanced Interaction Panel (F9) and is all correct. Already tried to copy the slides to a new project and nothing.

TOPICS
Quizzing and LMS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 02, 2018 Jul 02, 2018

Do you have at least one slide after the score slide? Did you keep the Continue button on the score slide? That buttons has the same importance as the Submit button on the quiz slides, it is linked with the actions specified in Quzi Preferences, Pass or Fail. Those actions will be done after clicking the Continue button and reaching the last frame of the score slide, hence the importance of at least one slide after that score slide.

Can you check the timeline of the the question slides in the poo

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have the score slide on board? Is it always the same random question that is not scored?

Can you explain what you mean by 'Could it be something related to animations?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have the score slide on board? : Yes

Is it always the same random question that is not scored? No. Its random. Always one of the questions doesn't add the 10 points.

I thought the problem could be related to clicking the answer button before all the animations are played or the slide is paused, but its not that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have at least one slide after the score slide? Did you keep the Continue button on the score slide? That buttons has the same importance as the Submit button on the quiz slides, it is linked with the actions specified in Quzi Preferences, Pass or Fail. Those actions will be done after clicking the Continue button and reaching the last frame of the score slide, hence the importance of at least one slide after that score slide.

Can you check the timeline of the the question slides in the pool? Hope that you did move the pausing point since you added animatinos to those slides

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, I had a Continue button on the result slide, but it was customized. It was transparent button above an image. 

So, I've redefined the result slide with the original Continue button and everything worked fine. I'm checking everything again but apparently this Continue button was the problem. Thank you a lot.

Why this Continue button is so important? Crazy..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have blogged a lot about Quiz in Captivate. For me it is one of the 3 main subjects for each Captivate developer (the other two are Timeline and Theme). See: Challenges for Starters - Captivate blog )

Quiz and score slide both have embedded objects: they do not have an individual timeline, not in the master slides, not in the slides based on the master slides. That means they have to be treated very carefully, because the functionality of the quiz/score is linked to them. If you cannot uncheck one of those items somewhere in the Quiz Properties or in the Quiz Preferences, you should never delete thme (as you did)! The most important of those items are the Submit button on quiz slides and the Continue button on the score slide. That is in one small paragraph the explanation of what should be preeent in any Captivate training, but rarely is (same for manuals and books).

You see that I disagree with your last sentence '..... crazy'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got it. Well, I'm kinda new on Captivate, I'm learning all by myself, reading the forums, your blog, so some things looks from another world to me. I've never had problem with that Continue button before (or dont remember). But I would like to thank you again for solving the puzzle 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome...  big chance you'll never forget about the importance of the Continue button now.

One last tip, bit off topic: do not use a transparent button over an image, but fill a shape with an image and turn it into a button! Much easier to manage, and a necessity if you want to use such a button in a Fluid Boxes project. You cannot use groups in such a project, nor stacked objects like a 'transparent' button over an image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources