Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Re: flash player and captivate

New Here ,
Sep 16, 2020 Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear all,

I am a speech and language therapy lecturer and have been using adobe captivate to present online phonetic transcription quizzes for my students. These are bedded into the virtual learning environment and  their grade is fed into that system's grade centre. I have recently up-graded adobe captivate to 2019 because of a few glitches and see that it still uses flash player. I am concerned and annoyed by this to be honest because flash player is now increasingly not being supported - and our University system has stipulated that they won't support it from this December. Can any of you relate to this and do any of you have advice for me moving forward with these quizzes which will not work this time next year in our virtual learning environment?

Thank you, Jill

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 16, 2020 Sep 16, 2020

Since over 3 years, I have not published to SWF anymore. You will have to publish your courses to HTML5 which is not using the Flash Player (belongs to Adobe BTW). When preparing for HTML5 output you may have to edit some items which are no longer supported (but there are a lot of new features which are only supported for HTML output).

The HTML Tracker under the Project menu can help you to find those incompatible items.

I sincerely hope you still have the raw files (cptx) and that you'll be abl

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since over 3 years, I have not published to SWF anymore. You will have to publish your courses to HTML5 which is not using the Flash Player (belongs to Adobe BTW). When preparing for HTML5 output you may have to edit some items which are no longer supported (but there are a lot of new features which are only supported for HTML output).

The HTML Tracker under the Project menu can help you to find those incompatible items.

I sincerely hope you still have the raw files (cptx) and that you'll be able to open them in the present version. 

Some tips can be found in this Captivate tutorial:

http://www.lilybiri.com/published/AnswerChoice/index.html

This is already quite late, because several browsers do not support Flash Player anymore.

Allen Partridge presented about this conversion during the Adobe eLearning World conference in June. I should have been co-presenter but they switched me to another topic (Advanced/Shared actions).

https://elearning.adobe.com/2020/06/learn-how-to-convert-flash-into-html5-content/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Lilybiri - thank you so much for that information. I have very fortunately found that none of the items in the quizzes is incompatible with HTML5 and have been able to save the new version and publish them as HTML5 - and they are working on the virtual learning environment.

Your help has been a real life saver - thank you so much.

Best wishes

Jill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome and you are very lucky! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources